• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

jcassidy, I'm thinking about picking up one of these fossil wizards, but can't decide on fossil or fossil fuel. I like them firm, and right now am using a G9i for drives. The G9i is pretty good, but not quite what I'm looking for. My favorite wizard plastic was the superglow from ~4-5 years ago that felt more or less as firm as the G9i in the hand, but seemed like it had a little more give to it when thrown--if that makes any sense. Any suggestions as to which type would be better for me?

Why don't you look at his website? I don't think the dude has such time to answer every question like this. I imagine he has to focus on making great plastic-not an easy thing to do well with interuptions.

jcassidy, I'm thinking about picking up one of these fossil wizards, but can't decide on fossil or fossil fuel. I like them firm, and right now am using a G9i for drives. The G9i is pretty good, but not quite what I'm looking for. My favorite wizard plastic was the superglow from ~4-5 years ago that felt more or less as firm as the G9i in the hand, but seemed like it had a little more give to it when thrown--if that makes any sense. Any suggestions as to which type would be better for me?

Fossil Fuel on the Wizards.

The Fossil came out a little softer this go 'round. This is amazing feeling but it isn't for those that like rock hard plastic.

Fossil Fuel is absolutely amazing as well. Its very firm but rapidly develops a gritty, yet velvety surface complexion. You'll be hooked for certain. :thmbup:

Why don't you look at his website? I don't think the dude has such time to answer every question like this. I imagine he has to focus on making great plastic-not an easy thing to do well with interuptions.

Incorrect ;)

Desk Job + Disc Golf Addiction + Tiny, customer service driven company = obsessive forum monitoring

The Fossil came out a little softer this go 'round. This is amazing feeling but it isn't for those that like rock hard plastic.

Fossil Fuel is absolutely amazing as well. Its very firm but rapidly develops a gritty, yet velvety surface complexion. You'll be hooked for certain. :thmbup:

Thanks! Just placed an order, I dig your "please wait" gif, btw, much better than the typical spinning wheel or dots progression you usually see. :)

Curious about the current fossil/ fossil fuel lizwiz listing- it no longer has the specific weights and stamps listed (just fossil or fossil fuel). Accident or easier to manage without the specific info?

Curious about the current fossil/ fossil fuel lizwiz listing- it no longer has the specific weights and stamps listed (just fossil or fossil fuel). Accident or easier to manage without the specific info?

Yeah our shipping guru was running himself ragged with the options. Too many options to keep track of. You can ALWAYS request a stamp color and we will do our damnedest to fit the bill but it made for a few too many hiccups.

Incorrect ;)

Desk Job + Disc Golf Addiction + Tiny, customer service driven company = obsessive forum monitoring

This is one of the reasons I love doing business with RDG. By enthusiast for enthusiast. Keep up the good work; my friends hate you for it and my scores love you.

That and every mold that has come out has put a smile on my face once thrown...

And Fossil is my favorite plastic...

As for the Gila: Sounds great. I'd love something like a Sent in that sweet RDG plastic.

Received my Fossil Fuel Wizard yesterday in the mail, and man, jcassidy wasn't bs-ing. This plastic is sweet! After throwing my G9i the other day, I was able to better put my finger on what I wasn't crazy about with it--the flight plate is so firm that you can't really get a good feel between your fingers and thumb. While still being a totally capable disc, it feels more "dead" in the hand than other Wizards.

The Fossil Fuel is plenty firm, but still has some flex to it so you have that tactile quality. I haven't gotten to throw this yet because the weather has been blah lately, but I can tell that I'm going to dig on this disc. I've felt lots of blends Gateway's blends over the years, and this is without a doubt one of the best ones. Hope you guys kept the recipe!

For pure distance, which Wizard plastic will give me more glide/distance?

S, SS, SSS?

Thx!

All the SureGrip (S/SS/SSS) will have the same amount of glide. The differences are strictly in feel and how fast they break in.

You will see more of a glide difference between SureGrip line and Evo (with Evo having less glide).

What is the difference between the money $$$ and sss or other more typical gateway plastics?

ok, thx. I switched to using SSS for all of my putting and upshots and have been loving the discs the past few months, but was wondering if I was missing any glide. Love the SSS Magic as well. :)

I heard a mention of a little bit of drama with the g9i plastic- forgot where I saw it- can anyone elaborate on that?

I heard a mention of a little bit of drama with the g9i plastic- forgot where I saw it- can anyone elaborate on that?

When PDGA tested a G9i Wizard they found it to be too stiff to meet the tech standards and asked Dave to stop making putters that stiff. He stopped. That's the cliff notes.

When PDGA tested a G9i Wizard they found it to be too stiff to meet the tech standards and asked Dave to stop making putters that stiff. He stopped. That's the cliff notes.

So the ones that exist are the only ones that will be made I guess

Latest posts