• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Gator vs. Firebird

I ditched OS mids a while back and haven't found any reason to put one back in my bag. Get an OS putter you like to go with the FB and you're set.

Firebird no matter what and a zone if I have space.

Thanks for all the feedback! If anyone has any more input, feel free to give it.

I just got my 1st FB this spring, I'm using it a lot.

OS mids I carry:
Hornet (just got it), Wasp and Cro. Always have the mighty Cro in the bag.

I'm not even 100% sure why this is even a question. They have completely different flights. Yes, they both go left (RHBH), but the Firebird is a driver and has much more maximum distance. Like 50-80 ft further. The firebird is more overstable. The firebird can be use for rollers, overhand, and skip shots. While the gator can be used as a putter in headwinds and for less skip.

There is almost 0 overlap unless you cannot throw over 300" then you will probably not be able to get the firebird up to speed to see the in flight differences.

Gators are actually damned good thumber discs. I bet people would be surprised how close it can come to a firebird, if more people would try it.

No other overstable putter/mid that I've tried is as good for thumbers as a gator, btw- including mortars. Justice has been the next best for me.

I throw Firebirds. The are a great OS utility disc, they power down so well I don't need an OS mid or putter. I throw them BH, FH and OH. My oldest has been in the bag for five years and I keep finding new shots to use it for.

Gators are actually damned good thumber discs. I bet people would be surprised how close it can come to a firebird, if more people would try it.

In general, this is a great point! OS putters and mids carve unique OH lines. The compact rim of the Gator feels great in both grips. Justice is good for longer Firebird-esqe OH lines with more room to pan. Gila is also great for these shots, between super OS mids and OS putters

Last edited:
You should really split the difference and go with a Champion Viper[emoji7][emoji7] it is smack dab in between mid range and fairway. Can handle tons of torque and wind and will turn the head of everyone you play with. I love mine oh so very much. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received a new Star Gator with flight #'s 5 2 0 4 on it. Does anyone know if this is an older run or did Innova recently change the flight #'s from 5 2 0 3? Thanks

Latest posts