• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Getting New Mid-ranges and Putters

Can anyone suggest a putter that has a rim like the Buzz? I love the way my Buzz feels and have started using it for putting because I like the feel better than my Aviar.

If it's any use or not to you, I don't know. The best feeling disc I have is my Buzzz and the only putter I find comfortable for tossing any distance is my JK Aviar. Mind you, I hate the regular aviar and the KC one as well. Havent felt the Aviar driver or any other types though.

Oh boy, don't let the post count fool you, I'm a noob dressed in a disc nerd's clothing. My knowledge comes from many hours of reading Three Putt, Biscoe, and the DGR boys.

I believe the most heralded overstable putters are the Wizard, the Vibram VP (I think, I don't know my Vibram, yet), the Challenger, and a cult following of Rhyno throwers. My vote is a S Wizard (beaded) or the slightly less stable Voodoo (little bead). If you like the feel of the Ion, the Voodoo will be a very small adjustment. I really like Voodoos. I prefer Magics b/c they're really neutral flightwise and I like the feedback (as opposed to missing left and low every time with an overstable) so I can adjust my putts. If you want something with lots of glide I highly recommend the APX/Reef.
:agree:
Yep, listen to Dave, get a VP. :)

I bought a Wizard a few months ago to use as a putter...but it has turned into my favorite approach disc. I have hit several 50-100 ft. shots with it. I love the versatility it gives me.