• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Glow Z Buzzz Stability

RebelZero

Par Member
So, the search function is pretty useless when the word "Buzzz" or "Roc" is in there. The results are too numerous to sift through so I'm just gonna ask. I apologize if this is an oft answered question.

Is the Glow Z Buzzz noticeably more stable than the Z Buzzz? If so, how close to a KC Pro Roc is it?

Thanks.

RebelZero said:
Is the Glow Z Buzzz noticeably more stable than the Z Buzzz? If so, how close to a KC Pro Roc is it?

Not in my experience.

Speed differences aside the most overstable Buzzes I've thrown (178-180g regular production Z's, and one freak FLX) will show high speed turn out past 330' or so, where a new KC Roc will not. They want to flip flat from hyzer MUCH more than a fresh Roc does. They also do worse in a headwind, though they can manage a little breeze.

The most stable Buzzzes I've thrown didn't flip until past 360'...but yeah, not as overstable as a KC Roc. While Buzzzes are more likely to get some high speed turn in a headwind, they also penetrate on a flat line a lot better than a Roc, so it really depends on what you are trying to do as to which is better in a headwind.

The Glo Z is more overstable than most Z Buzzzes, especially under 330'. It is also slower than most Buzzzes, but this is not a negative as it is also more versatile and flies better on hyzer and anhyzer lines than most Buzzzes.

Guess the Glo Zs vary then, because i have two that take headwinds on flat releases without any turn better than any Roc i have. These Glo Zs are way more HSS and Teebirdish in LSS and flight pattern. Except my TBs need hyzer thrown into a headwind. I meant that these Glo Zs fly straight far and have a late abrupt moderately hard fade.

Latest posts