• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good, Bad, and the Ugly!! Please Help...

H@K7H15

My first post, as some friends of mine recommended this is the place to get honest with technique. My mind is open and I'm dedicated to practice. Thanks in advance to all those dedicated to helping. Lets have it - The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly....

https://youtu.be/Snk7mJfNOk8

:doh:

Im not expert. Sidewinder always chimes in on these with great input.

But what I see:
1: youre hugging your body. reach straight back.
2: at 0:09, the disc is not flat - its actually verticle.
3: a better video would be ideal. Cant see you lead up, x step, shuffle, whatever you're doing. Cant see your feet. And you cut the video off before you follow through.
4: doesnt look like you're using your hips to generate power on the pull through either. Looks like your collapsing your weight rather than bracing on your leading heel and pivoting on that. Cant say for sure as its a poor video to go by.

The good is you actually drive off your rear leg, but not catching/bracing your weight/posture on the front leg properly, your head should not go past your front foot. The bad is already mentioned above, numero uno bad would be that vertical disc plane during your swing is almost 90 degrees off angle to your swing plane. Keep the disc level to your forearm. You are planting way open, need to turn your whole front side from toes to shoulder much further back at the plant. Slowing down and working from a standstill will help faster.

Latest posts