• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Good Stable-Understable Fairway Driver

What range we talking about?

I'd start out trying a Pro Leopard, as Glong said it's instant gratification and goes dead straight at first with a super amount of glide. Sooner than later it'll be a turnover driver that will go right if you put power to it but still be a good fairway disc if you don't power down on it.

I would recommend possibly giving the Star TL another try. It'll take a while to beat it in to a turnover disc but as somebody else said it's just a great disc that you can shape lines with.

Personally I've never liked RoadRunners but some people do. The FD is getting a lot of thumbs up from guys on DGR, might think about that. It seems to be a lot like the Leopard & TL

:eek: Doesn't like Rivers??? :eek: Can't imagine that at all. They are money for me. :thmbup:

The TL's and Leo's are solid choices. I'd like to lay hands on that FD myself.

Max weight pro leopard for straight and 165 dx leopard for turnovers/rollers.

Roadrunner will likely turnover right outof the box without yielding any more distance than a pro leopard. I got 162 champ roadrunner today and tested it agianst my worn 175 pro leopard. Seemed almost liek the same disc. RR turned over just a little more. Same distance, but a few feet right of the leopard. Slightly different line.

Got a new 165 star TL today also and found it quite overstable.

I love it when a thread gets revived and people answer the OP twice, but months apart. I don't guess people read threads anymore. Just sayin'

I love it when a thread gets revived and people answer the OP twice, but months apart. I don't guess people read threads anymore. Just sayin'

When have people ever read the entire thread if it's over 3 pages. They just read the OP and answer it, not reading any other post, repeating the same answer for the umpteenth time.