• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy spider monkey vs. Revo Mini

honkeytiger

Birdie Member
Looking for suggestions and comments from those of you who have owned either or both of these bags. I currenlty have a spider monkey that I like o.k. but I wish it had loops for quads. Does the revo? How about pure disc storage? I have 5 Drivers and mids in my Spider Monkey plus two putters in the pocket. Will the Revo mini hold as many? Thanks for all of your ideas, suggestions.

My revo mini holds 5 drivers, 3 rocs, and putter in the main part and another putter in the putter pocket for a total of 10 comfortably. If you go for more drivers and only a couple mids/putter, you can get 11.

If you take out the frame, you can get 13 or so, but then it's a little saggy.

that and the new spider monkey has 4 points for quads. I have 4 Drivers 2 mids and 2 Putters in my main section, and 2 puttersin the putter pocket which is 10 comfy

I've had both and I like the Revo better. Both have loops for quads, not like it's a real selling feature. The Revo has a dope ass frame, a nice big pocket on the side, and the top zippered part can be used as a rain flap vs having to zip your bag up all rainy day. The Gorilla Boy bag had the pocket along the back which is fine, if the bag was too full the pocket became a PITA to access. The Revo has a nice padded back. I don't think my mini has fallen over yet, I really love the frame. I think the hardware is superior as well.

Both bags are very nicely constructed and will no doubt last you a while.

I like them both, but like the Revo better. The one complaint I have with the Spider Monkey is that the loops for the strap are too low on the bag, so it doesn't always hang right. I will have a blue Spider Monkey for sale or trade in the near future if anyone is interested.

I love my Revo Mini. Mines got 4 drivers 3 mids and 2 putters in it with room for 1 or two more. Even full it is not all that heavy, I usually set mine up with a 32 Gatorade in the mesh pocket and a big bottle of water in the zip up pocket.

I've got 7 drivers, two mids, and a putter in my Revo Mni bag. The Spider Monkey holds the same plus one more putter in the putter pocket.

Revo Mini owner here. The frame design is one huge selling point and the storage capacity equal to most full size bags is another. If those two features aren't enough to make the Revo Mini the best mini bag on the market alone, the construction quality and materials put it over the top with no rivals.

Mine's usually set up with 11 discs including multiple putters and mids. More than 2 putters total and you would have to drop it to 10 or overload the frame.

Hey-

Glad to hear that everyone likes the MINI bag and appreciates the frame. Even for such a small bag, I feel it is essential.

We actually have a new injection molded frame that should be delivering in the next few days. It is a one piece design, so no construction required. The contact points are very rounded to make the frame as easy on the bag as possible.

In my opinion, it takes an already incredible little bag to the next level!

Thanks,

-Dave

I keep checking the site but it says the Revo minis are out of stock. Good thing now with a new frame coming out.

I will be getting a Spider Monkey soon for my daughter.

I had a Revo Club bag before getting my Silverback and liked it. The Club bag is made with 500d cordura just like the mini appears to be.

All of the Gorilla Boy bags are made from 1000d cordura and I really like the feel of the material on my Silverback as well as the construction.

So if you want a rugged material for your smaller bag the Spider Monkey may be the right bag for you.

dave9921 said:
Hey-

Glad to hear that everyone likes the MINI bag and appreciates the frame. Even for such a small bag, I feel it is essential.

We actually have a new injection molded frame that should be delivering in the next few days. It is a one piece design, so no construction required. The contact points are very rounded to make the frame as easy on the bag as possible.

In my opinion, it takes an already incredible little bag to the next level!

Thanks,

-Dave

How much is that frame going to cost alone for those of us who have the old put-together frame ?

Does the revolution sport attachment points for quads? or is this overkill for that bag?

I don't think so. It is just nice. I don't have them permanently on mine, but it works great and is very comfortable.

After actually now owning both bags I can officialy say that the Revo bag has no rival. Lighter, better opening, better frame, key clip. Wow.

Honkey, do you have quads on yours? If not, is it small enough to make quads ridiculous? Just trying to get a consensus.