• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Got my first 1!

bettsjc

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
One year, one month and one week since my disc golf journey had begun, playing at my home course, Kilborne TPC, Charlotte.

Hole #13. 285' Slight dogleg left, nice and easy hyzer(RHBH). Played a low, tight line. Missed a couple stumps, hit the ground 20' short of the basket, and just jumped in! It hit the chains so softly, sounded like i just tossed a disc in from a few feet away.

I play plenty of courses, usually 3 different courses a week. This is the hole I've been saying for months now that it would be my first ace!

congrats, as i await patiently for mine.

One year, one month and one week since my disc golf journey had begun, playing at my home course, Kilborne TPC, Charlotte.

Hole #13. 285' Slight dogleg left, nice and easy hyzer(RHBH). Played a low, tight line. Missed a couple stumps, hit the ground 20' short of the basket, and just jumped in! It hit the chains so softly, sounded like i just tossed a disc in from a few feet away.

I play plenty of courses, usually 3 different courses a week. This is the hole I've been saying for months now that it would be my first ace!

I've played casually for ten years in the Charlotte area with only one "ace" that I don't even really count (a 70-100 foot "drive" at one of the weakest courses in the region). Congrats!!

I see that Dorton Park is on your wish list. If you want 3 more aces, play there for about an hour.

Congrats! That first ace feeling is awesome!

You know it's Spring when the board starts lighting up with ace threads.

Congrats man, sounded like a good one!

Congrats!

That's awesome Justin! I remember the last time when we were out there you said you knew one day you were going to ace that one. I wish I could have been there to see it and sign your disc.

Thanks all. I think the weird thing about it is that its a blind basket, can't barely see it through the trees along the right(and now that the foliage is coming back its getting tough to see).

It skipped and couldn't have hit the chains very hard, heard chains at about the time mine would have hit, but sounded like it was a couple holes away, very faint. I actually didn't even think I aced it, but knew it was close to parked. I proceded to throw a second one, just taking a crack at the basket as I usually do on #13 at Kilborne(with the intention of taking the first one of course). I must have missed the basket with a skip by about a half foot across the front. Ended up parked a few feet from the basket with the second one....

...but anyways, I had no idea that I had aced it when we started walking from the tee. Got about halfway down the fairway and I saw a disc sitting in the basket. I didn't get excited right away, couldn't tell for sure that it was mine(man, i'd hate to get super excited about my first ace when I didn't even get an ace). Once I saw that it was mine I just let out one loud yell, it was really crowded and didn't want to be discourteous. Ended up shooting +1(55) which is my second best round ever out at Kilborne. Awesome day!

Congrats!!!
party0049.gif