• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gotta Go Gotta Throw Joe’s Universal Flight Chart

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I've looked through GGGT website, but can't find a description of Joe's universal flight chart. Does it directly correspond to manufacturer published flight numbers, or is this only how the disc flies in Joe's hand?

I've looked through GGGT website, but can't find a description of Joe's universal flight chart. Does it directly correspond to manufacturer published flight numbers, or is this only how the disc flies in Joe's hand?

It's a real world test. So no it's not the manufacturer numbers.

The cool thing about it is they sell the discs they use to determine the numbers at a nice discount.

It's a real world test. So no it's not the manufacturer numbers.

Could you break it down just a little bit to the lowest common denominator? What are the abbreviations and what is his rating scale? His ratings don't change with plastic, which is disappointing.
RNG ?
HSS (high speed stability - scale?)
LSS (low speed stability - scale?)
PWR (power - scale?)

attachment.php

Attachments

• D752F5CE-7330-4F88-951A-BB959FA1FB6B.jpeg
    D752F5CE-7330-4F88-951A-BB959FA1FB6B.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 180
Could you break it down just a little bit to the lowest common denominator? What are the abbreviations and what is his rating scale? His ratings don't change with plastic, which is disappointing.
RNG ?
PWR (power - scale?)

attachment.php

You're really overthinking this stuff.

I like the MST one as well, if you look at both it helps give a more complete view of what the disc actually does for more people.

RNG ?
PWR (power - scale?)

attachment.php

RNG stands for range. How far the disc will go compared to others on a scale.

PWR is the necessary speed or power required to get the desired flight and range.

The other two are the same as turn and fade. HSS = turn LSS = fade

I like the MST one as well, if you look at both it helps give a more complete view of what the disc actually does for more people.

I like the MST because you can filter the brands. When you are building an all Innova bag it helps to find the disc you may be missing. I was also just using it to quickly and easily decipher the discs in the Kastaplast lineup without a headache.