• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Great Midwestern Tour – Late Fall Edition

I'm heading to Eau Claire for the weekend. Playing Wildapple in Oseo and South Middle school on Saturday. Looks like a new 9 popped up in Elk Mound so I'll play and add that course to DGCR Sunday along with the Leinies courses. Never played any of these. I'll keep you updated. Wildapple looks very intriguing, looks like it's 18 now instead of 27.

I'm on the road so I'll check the tentative schedule when I get home. Thanks!

Chains Edge looks like a blast, thanks for the recommendation!

Kaposia is a strong contender.

Definitely Kaposia over Lakewood.
I think we have stuff going on the 11th and 12th, but if that changes or your dates change, let's keep in touch.

I live 15 minutes from BRP. :)

IMHO - Rolling Meadows (the 2nd full size course at Rolling Hills) tends to be overgrown, and not the most fun to play.

May not be that bad in the, or if it's well maintained, but it generally hasn't been well maintained to this point.

Original Rolling Hills course is a lot of fun, as is the puttingLabyrinth.

Thanks, Bogey! Local knowledge is greatly appreciated.

I'm heading to Eau Claire for the weekend. Playing Wildapple in Oseo and South Middle school on Saturday. Looks like a new 9 popped up in Elk Mound so I'll play and add that course to DGCR Sunday along with the Leinies courses. Never played any of these. I'll keep you updated. Wildapple looks very intriguing, looks like it's 18 now instead of 27.

Have fun! But I hope you are not bagging courses just for me. ;)

Looks like we might drive straight from Chippewa Falls to Menomonee Falls. In that case we might swap Rollin Ridge for Justin Trails - Big Brother, maybe adding something short like Stockton Park on the way.

If the Labyrinth takes you more than 20 minutes by yourself, you're doing something very wrong. And it sits near hole 1 for both 18's

Fabulous, exactly what I want to hear. :thmbup:

Definitely Kaposia over Lakewood.
I think we have stuff going on the 11th and 12th, but if that changes or your dates change, let's keep in touch.

If enough people tell me to play Kaposia over Lakewood, I might start believing them. :p

Awright I'll take another look at that part of the trip, and I will let you know if our schedule changes. It usually does. :rolleyes:

I live 15 minutes from BRP. :)

Sweet!

Not sure how it might affect any plans, but Wisconsin's gun deer season opener is the 19th of November. Just tossing that out there as a heads up.

Not sure how it might affect any plans, but Wisconsin's gun deer season opener is the 19th of November. Just tossing that out there as a heads up.

With a deer-colored dog, this is supremely helpful. Thank you.

Fortunately we should be safely in Michigan by then.

(rushes off to check when Michigan hunting season starts) :p

Edit: Out of curiosity, do any disc golf courses close down for hunting season?

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, do any disc golf courses close down for hunting season?
None in the metro Detroit/Ann Arbor area.

I'd be curious to know what courses (anywhere) close lose for hunting season.

If you're in the area during the weekend and would like some company for one of the local rounds, shoot me a text.

Last edited:
With a deer-colored dog, this is supremely helpful. Thank you.

Fortunately we should be safely in Michigan by then.

(rushes off to check when Michigan hunting season starts) :p

Edit: Out of curiosity, do any disc golf courses close down for hunting season?

In WI Wilderness Campground closes for hunting...

But I recommend wearing blaze Orange whenever it gets close to any hunting season...bow, rifle etc.

Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
Plans are very much subject to change, but best guess would be MSP the weekend of November 11th to 12th, give or take a day or two. I will confirm date(s) as the time gets closer.

Thanks again for the offer!

I should be available around that weekend, hope it works out to meet and throw with you.

Ha, my friend that I play the most with and his 16 year old and a mutual friend have been discussing a day trip Saturday. The Wildapple / Axeldog combo is the front runner idea so far. Won't be decided until tomorrow but just might see you out there!

If you're in the area during the weekend and would like some company for one of the local rounds, shoot me a text.

Guessing we will be out your way around Sunday 11/20. I would love to have a course guide - do you know anyone? :p ;) :D

In WI Wilderness Campground closes for hunting...

But I recommend wearing blaze Orange whenever it gets close to any hunting season...bow, rifle etc.

Better safe than sorry.

I could see Wilderness closing for hunting season. Gosh that was a fun round.

Yeah we're gonna have to figure out the blaze orange thing. I am well aware that hunting season is a big deal in Wisconsin. Kind of a big deal around here, too.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I should be available around that weekend, hope it works out to meet and throw with you.

Fabulous! Nothing is set in stone but the latest scheme would be Brickyard, Garlough, and BRP on Sat 11/12, and Bethel, Kaposia, and Lambs Creek on Sun 11/13.

But of course family stuff comes first. :)

Guessing we will be out your way around Sunday 11/20. I would love to have a course guide - do you know anyone? :p ;) :D

Sounds good to me! Just let me know when and where. I can probably be pretty flexible to work around your travel times and companions. ;)

Fabulous! Nothing is set in stone but the latest scheme would be Brickyard, Garlough, and BRP on Sat 11/12, and Bethel, Kaposia, and Lambs Creek on Sun 11/13.

I like your plan for a one night in and out to the Twin Cities. Your wild card will be the Saturday afternoon BRP round. If the weather is nice it could be a slow round, if you have plans to meet family hope they are flexible. I haven't played much there in years since I kinda burned out on it after hanging out there almost every weekend from 2010 - 2013ish. Maybe Broken Shoulder has a better idea of traffic these days...

Sunday morning Bethel round would be great! Might even join you for Kaposia if we get along haha.

I'd be happy to show you around Brickyard! One of my favorite local courses.

I'd be happy to show you around Brickyard! One of my favorite local courses.

You intrigue me jakebake91. Just curious how you have been playing over 6 years and only 14 courses listed (especially in the bounty land of WI)? None of my business of course just wondering.

You intrigue me jakebake91. Just curious how you have been playing over 6 years and only 14 courses listed (especially in the bounty land of WI)? None of my business of course just wondering.

Don't get to travel much to play. Family stuff most weekends in the summer that trump playing anywhere new. Most rounds are played in very limited free time. First few years I played, I only played one or two local courses. Basically, a bunch of excuses lol.

Been trying to make an effort to change that though! Had a trip up to Highbridge derailed by obligations I should have known I had. Been trying to get a day or two to travel over to the Minneapolis area (1.5 hour drive). Next year I should at least double my courses played.

Also need to double check my list of courses marked played on here for accuracy. Might be missing a few.