• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Greetings from Vermont!

VTDiscNoob

I don't know exactly how it happened, but somehow or another, the disc golf bug got me. Maybe it was visiting the wonderful Smuttynose brewery in New Hampshire and seeing the course spread out admidst the greenery and foliage of their campus. Or visiting some places a little closer to home (Fiddlehead and Prohibition Pig) and admiring their custom discs on display.

Anyway, I got the urge, and now I find myself the proud owner of a Discraft starter set comprised of a Pro D Buzzz, Pro D Soft Magnet, and an X Avenger SS. Already I've ordered another Buzzz (in Flex this time) and Soft Magnet so my girlfriend can accompany me without having to share discs.

Needless to say, I will plan on hitting the course at the Trapp Family Lodge at some point this fall, as the foliage in Stowe is already looking darn good.

If anyone from this area happens to frequent these forums, I would ask, what's the best course in the Chittenden County area for me to learn on?

Assume that I have no experience but can throw a frisbee more or less straight.

Thanks!

Welcome.

I throw more or less straight, also. Some times more straight, sometimes less...

I just got back from visiting Vermont. You all have some of the most beautiful courses I have ever played. Wrightsville Beach would be great course choice for you and it is a lot of fun. You can also rents kayaks at the beach. I also loved both courses at Smuggler's Notch. The Fox Run course might be a better choice for your skill level, but both courses there are very fair and fun.

Thanks, all!

Yeah, I was looking for those Smuggs courses the last time I took a cruise down Route 108 (one of our best scenic foliage drives, if anyone's looking). They're definitely on the list.

Wrightsville Beach is also going on the shortlist. Although, in a state this size, everything's bound to be on the shortlist sooner or later.

Gotta be a decent court or two in southern Quebec, but let's get to know the locals first.

I played The Hollows in Manchester NH in July. Probably not great for a beginner but it got me hooked. Came home and built my own course on Curacao. Enjoy the leaves man! If you find some of that juice they sell in six packs. Maybe you don't have to throw straight?

Latest posts