• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Hmmmm.... well I want to use my paypal funds from disc sales to pay for this bad boy, but there is not a paypal option. My paypal is not linked to my bank account (literally just started that headache a minute ago).... so I am going to have to wait over a week to order this now because that is how long it will take to link up. I was hoping to get it by my vacation... guess not :/ I emailed Grip to see if they can help me out here. We will see if I get a reply. Please take my money Grip! One of you guys have to have a paypal account!

Although I figured out a configuration that works. I like to be able to access my discs as easy as possible. With the bottom portion of the bag, if you have any items in the main compartment. It's tough to get to the discs in the bottom of the bag. I had to put my mids in the very front pouch and can only use the bottom pouch on the "flap" of the bag. If I use both pouches on the flap. You can't clip the flap closed. What I do now so the flap doesn't rest on the ground. Is I zip it up a bit and this can't be done if all the pouches are used on the flap. I know I'm being picky, but the bottom portion of the bag is not easy to access or use. Also, I don't know if it was ment this way (I don't think it was), but the main frame tubes connect to an "L" shaped piece of plastic. One side was already loose and the tube would swivel around, but the other side did not. Now both of the frame tubes swivel and the one that was already loose has popped off the plastic mount. Nothing a little glue won't fix :)

I'll be the first to admit that I'm VERY picky about the things I buy. So although these are minor issues. They bug me, because I just want to go to my bag and get to my stuff and not have to pull discs out or remove cothing to get to stuff. I will spend a full day at the course tomarrow. So we'll see how this all pans out.

Voodoo thread: Man, I hope I didn't make a mistake with this bag? It was kind of funny. I was heading out to play and try out my new Voodoo Spinal Tap. When FedEx pulled up! So I had a chance to play 14 with the Voodoo and 14 with the Ergo. I'm still trying to mess with the set up on the bottom. Front flap out with 4 discs made it impossible to clip it closed and I really didn't like how much it hung down on the ground. I think the mids in the middle might work best, but they were tough on the bottom. Also will see if the fit in the bottom pouch. Question to you all. Does your frame move around at the "L" shaped joints at the bottom? I found that the vertical tubes would just swivel back and forth. Not very rigid, but makes it easy to get to stuff on the bottom. IDK after the ease of retrieving things from the Voodoo. This bag was kind of a pain, but I just need to mess with the set up a little more.
I'll read through some posts, but all ideas on setups would be nice.

GRIP thread: Although I figured out a configuration that works. I like to be able to access my discs as easy as possible. With the bottom portion of the bag, if you have any items in the main compartment. It's tough to get to the discs in the bottom of the bag. I had to put my mids in the very front pouch and can only use the bottom pouch on the "flap" of the bag. If I use both pouches on the flap. You can't clip the flap closed. What I do now so the flap doesn't rest on the ground. Is I zip it up a bit and this can't be done if all the pouches are used on the flap. I know I'm being picky, but the bottom portion of the bag is not easy to access or use. Also, I don't know if it was ment this way (I don't think it was), but the main frame tubes connect to an "L" shaped piece of plastic. One side was already loose and the tube would swivel around, but the other side did not. Now both of the frame tubes swivel and the one that was already loose has popped off the plastic mount. Nothing a little glue won't fix :)

I am a little confused, you posted very similar reviews in two different threads Voodoo and Grip. Did you get both bags? And both have similar issues? :confused:

I am a little confused, you posted very similar reviews in two different threads Voodoo and Grip. Did you get both bags? And both have similar issues? :confused:
Yes, I bought the Spinal Tap, Ergo, and now just bought this new Grip bag. Crazy I know, but I wanted to try them out. I figured I can sell them off if I really don't like them. The only reason I posted in Grip is because some one asked a question in regard to the bag.

Last edited:
Yes, I bought the Spinal Tap, Ergo, and now just bought this new Grip bag. Crazy I know, but I wanted to try them out. I figured I can sell them off if I really don't like them.

Well shoot, you are like a one man review team. Might have to check back in a few weeks/months and see what you ended up sticking with. Good luck! :thmbup:

^Don't doubt Rescue, he is a bag collector. He owns, or has owned, pretty much every bag under the sun. He is a good source for information on bags if you have any questions.

Out with the Blue and in with the New, Got my new grip bag today and loving it so far, the way it stand's is so much different then the older ones and the padding on the back is so thick, Must say it feels better on the back.

Attachments

• grip new n old39_n.jpg
    grip new n old39_n.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 178
  • newgreen grip72_n.jpg
    newgreen grip72_n.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 144
Got mine today. I agree that it stands much different and the extra padding on the back feels great. Giving serious thought to coloring the Grip logos pink.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 124
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 113
Got my order in for a Blue and Grey thanks to NuNinja! Boom baby! Can't wait to sling that sucker around!

Has anyone else had issues getting a hold of Grip customer service lately? I've been trying all week with limited success...someone did contact me on Wednesday by text message letting me know I needed to send an email to [email protected], which I promptly did, but I have not heard anything back for 2 days now. I tried following up with them both yesterday and today with no luck. I know they are busy with the new release but this is becoming frustrating.

I shot them an email yesterday and Jayme just replied back to me.

Hi Rescue,

We're a little confused about this post. It doesn't sound like a Grip bag. There's no flap with two pouches, no flap that rests on the ground, and no frame tubes. Could you attach a picture?

Although I figured out a configuration that works. I like to be able to access my discs as easy as possible. With the bottom portion of the bag, if you have any items in the main compartment. It's tough to get to the discs in the bottom of the bag. I had to put my mids in the very front pouch and can only use the bottom pouch on the "flap" of the bag. If I use both pouches on the flap. You can't clip the flap closed. What I do now so the flap doesn't rest on the ground. Is I zip it up a bit and this can't be done if all the pouches are used on the flap. I know I'm being picky, but the bottom portion of the bag is not easy to access or use. Also, I don't know if it was ment this way (I don't think it was), but the main frame tubes connect to an "L" shaped piece of plastic. One side was already loose and the tube would swivel around, but the other side did not. Now both of the frame tubes swivel and the one that was already loose has popped off the plastic mount. Nothing a little glue won't fix :)

I'll be the first to admit that I'm VERY picky about the things I buy. So although these are minor issues. They bug me, because I just want to go to my bag and get to my stuff and not have to pull discs out or remove cothing to get to stuff. I will spend a full day at the course tomarrow. So we'll see how this all pans out.

Hi Rescue,

We're a little confused about this post. It doesn't sound like a Grip bag. There's no flap with two pouches, no flap that rests on the ground, and no frame tubes. Could you attach a picture?

He mentioned that he's selling two Ergos and it developed to this. That post was in reference to the Ergo

Hey grip..... Why did you make it difficult to attach paracord to the zippers?