• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Gstar Tern - Did I get a bad one?

Hmm, I actually just weighed the Gstar Tern and it is in fact only 162 grams, not 168.

I've gotten Innova discs that were 5-6 grams off. Discette says that big a difference is most likely an error in marking. If you think about it, the more opportunities to make an error, the more likely an error will occur -- and Innova makes/sells more discs than any other company.

Now I buy on line mostly from Marshall's & Community where they weigh every disc.

That said, I find I tend to hang onto lighter discs longer. Might be that you're introducing some OAT into your throw with the significantly lighter disc. Have you checked the PLH?

I've gotten Innova discs that were 5-6 grams off. Discette says that big a difference is most likely an error in marking. If you think about it, the more opportunities to make an error, the more likely an error will occur -- and Innova makes/sells more discs than any other company.

Now I buy on line mostly from Marshall's & Community where they weigh every disc.

That said, I find I tend to hang onto lighter discs longer. Might be that you're introducing some OAT into your throw with the significantly lighter disc. Have you checked the PLH?

No, I haven't checked the PLH, going to do that first thing in the morning :) I don't think I do any OAT as far as I can tell, but I do know it happens on some midranges/driving putters I throw.

Yeah, you're right, it's -3 when the champion is only -2. but the difference is huge. If I compare to my Gold-Line bolt which is -3 also, they are nothing alike. Weird. And the disc isn't even beat in yet.

Most companies will say not to use the flight rating numbers to compare discs from one brand to the next.
But only within the same type and brand of disc.

My g* tern has a mind of its own. Sometimes it turns over hard, sometimes it just flips flat and rides it forever. But some of the time when I want it to turn, it doesn't and dumps left. I actually just took it out of the bag, until I get some better form it is to unpredictable for me.