• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guided tour to a killer DG course

JR

* Ace Member *
There's plenty of challenge for even the best players in the world at Reneissance Park gold course. Man this is a tight course.

http://discgolfer.ning.com/video/video/show?id=1809917%3AVideo%3A100336

When it shows hole 9 the "narrator" says hole 8. It seems like all the holes narrations are one behind what it shows in the video.

That narrator's voice absolutely terrifies me for some reason. Sounds like a computer but with human feelings... feelings of pure hatred and despair.

Tim_the_Enchanter said:
if you check out the the Charlotte DGC site, they have videos of the local courses, as well as good interactive maps of them. Unfortunately, the videos are downloads rather than youtube, but still, a great site.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check these out.

Does your comment about better than ep 1-3 combined refer to the Destroyer or the Force?

nice drive kid said:
That narrator's voice absolutely terrifies me for some reason. Sounds like a computer but with human feelings... feelings of pure hatred and despair.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

jamsisjams said:
Renny is the destruction. Stan McDaniel is an evil genius.

I played with Stan McDaniel a few weeks ago in Columbia, SC. What an amazing guy. That was one of the most enjoyable round I have played. Then the next round Alan Beaver stepped in with us and made the next round that much better.
Stan talked about the courses that he has designed and now I want to go play them.

jeremy said:
jamsisjams said:
Renny is the destruction. Stan McDaniel is an evil genius.

I played with Stan McDaniel a few weeks ago in Columbia, SC. What an amazing guy. That was one of the most enjoyable round I have played. Then the next round Alan Beaver stepped in with us and made the next round that much better.
Stan talked about the courses that he has designed and now I want to go play them.

Envy!!! Although playing Renny Gold might be pure torture but it could be one of the most enjoyable kind :)

I watched the Clash video at Renny Gold and there was a part where they interviewed Timmy Gill. He mentioned that par 4s and 5s are the future of the sport and I totally agree. "holes that force you to make golf shots" is how he put it, I think. All the courses in the Seattle area are par 54s, (unfortunately) but my favorite out of all of them is Seatac, which plays like a par-60 or -61. Not sure why the pars are all 3, but that's a discussion that's been covered exhaustively in every forum I've read, so I won't start that back up.

However, to see just how silly it is to call seatac a par-54 course, look at the results for the 2007 Cool Shoez Invitational in March of 2007. Feldberg shot a -1 round (absolutely amazing) and it's rated 1041. I wish I could have seen that round- I was too busy posting a 26-over :cry:

Oops. Feldberg's one under round was actually rated at 1047, not 1041.

I watched the videos in the link Tim sent. Now I know why the level of open players in the Carolinas is so great. Goodness gracious!

My gf is from Charlotte, and we play Renaissance every time we visit her folks... all I can say is bring your A-game.