• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Guru Yme Backpack

mshelton

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Is there anyone in the US that sells these?

Or are they still making them, seems there hasn't been much activity in the past couple years about them.

Sounds like the bags that Guru makes are made for Europe market only and mainly for Finland. Sounds like the bags never made it to other continets and they have the only website in Finnish.

Oh, sorry. I Still can't read the site.

Yme is a large sack with plenty of room for discs, extra clothes and valuables. It seats 35 discs and has the best ergonomics on the market.

Product Info:
• Foldable middle parts
• Space for 20 discs in the main compartment, with both front and rear openings.
• Top pocket with space for three discs
• Two double zipped side pockets that can hold up to five discs
• Two mesh pockets for mini marker
• Two insulated bottle holders with drainage holes
• Two double zippered valuables
• Two pockets for umbrella / chair with drainage
• Internal frame for good stability
• Angled bottom for easy terrain placement
• PVC reinforced base
• Ergonomically curved shoulder straps
• Reinforced and 3D shaped shoulder straps, which makes it easy to remove the bag
• Large rings for easy adjustment of shoulder straps
• Adjustable chest strap

I can't imagine Eagle will be setting his custom Grip bag aside anytime soon.

But does he have anything to say about it?
His main sponsor is coming out with a bag, sure they want their top pros to use it?

But does he have anything to say about it?
His main sponsor is coming out with a bag, sure they want their top pros to use it?

Can't say without knowing the contract between Grip and Eagle. Discmania is a disc sponsor for Eagle. Grip is a bag sponsor for Eagle. No reason to believe that Discmania controls the contract between Eagle and any bag company.

Can't say without knowing the contract between Grip and Eagle. Discmania is a disc sponsor for Eagle. Grip is a bag sponsor for Eagle. No reason to believe that Discmania controls the contract between Eagle and any bag company.

But the best way to promote this new bag, is to have Simon and Eagle use it..

I know Paul had a Innova bag back in the days. . he started to use it when Innova came out with their "pro" bag. . .but he was back to Grip after a few month

But if i had to guess, Eagle gets MUCH more money from Discmania than Grip

But the best way to promote this new bag, is to have Simon and Eagle use it..

I know Paul had a Innova bag back in the days. . he started to use it when Innova came out with their "pro" bag. . .but he was back to Grip after a few month

But if i had to guess, Eagle gets MUCH more money from Discmania than Grip

Paul said in an interview that he was contractually obligated to use Innovas bag for a season. You see him using the shoulder strap bag because he said their backpacks were uncomfortable. Im not sure which YouTube channel, but I'm guessing it was the disc golf guy.

As for Discmania, I figure its going to be Nate Perkins, Kyle Klein, Colten Montgomery, and the European players who may use this bag. But you are right, put the product in the hands of their best players and it would probably sell quickly.

After Doth's review of this bag, I wouldn't want to use it unless it was free.

Played a few rounds with the expeditions bag, can't compare it to any bags other than entry backbacks but I'm a fan. Feels well structured and I have plenty of room for 20ish discs, a pullover, towel and two bottles of water. It'll take some getting used to carrying this much weight though

Just wanted to say "Thanks!!" for your YT review of this bag.
Unfortunately, I only saw it AFTER I purchased a Discmania Expedition bag.
You review comments that the bag was quality-built and comfy were spot-on, but also your comments about the wonky front flap and the awkward disc removal on the far edges was equally accurate.
I tend to carry a "packed, edge-to-edge-tight" bag made me realize that this bag was not for me.
I sold it at a small loss, and wished I'd watched your review before purchasing.

Thanks again!!

I picked up the Guru SIGR backpack after seeing a few European players carrying them during the PCS Sula Open a few weeks back. The Skins game that was behind the DGN paywall highlighted them with a representative from the company sponsoring a hole. That tipped me over the edge. Ordered direct from Guru in Norway and had it six days later in Australia.

Pretty impressed and from what I can see from Doth's review it's the next iteration of the Yme backpack. It looks almost identical.

I am coming from an Upper Park Shift but wanted a few more discs in my bag. For some reason Upper Park cut all international shipping so I couldn't source a Rebel.

The SIGR ("Victory" in Norwegian, I believe) easily carries 25 discs - and I could push that further but didn't need to. Two secure pockets for valuables. Two strange disc shaped side pockets for more discs (or anything else). A large stuff area for towels and rain gear. Two mini/tag holders. Elevated putter pouch that holds two discs (three is tight but possible). Two holders for an umbrella/retriever/chair. Really does it all. Importantly I found it really comfortable when fully loaded on the back.

Discs seem to pull and store easily, but it seems easier to pull through the rear opening compared to the front. I didn't have any issues will pulling discs from the sides, but could see it being a problem if you over filled it.

I don't know if they have tweaked the Yme to make the SIGR, but I found it very nice. I've never used any premium bags such as Pound, Grip, etc. I do find the Shift to be excellent.

Latest posts