• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Hawkeye

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Did a little searching on here and found exactly nothing about this disc. Star plastic, 171g. The Hawkeye seems to be a fairway driver with a bit of a convex rim. Hand feel reminds me of the IT. That is where the similarities between the 2 discs end. Given flight numbers for the Hawkeye are 7, 5, -1, 1. Pretty domey, which is noticeable right away.

Based on the flight numbers one might think the Hawkeye is some sort of Teebird or Eagle derivative. That simply isn't the case. The Hawkeye is way straighter, longer and has less late fade than any Eagle or Teebird I've ever seen. In fact, the Hawkeye is a fairly astounding disc flight-wise. It comes out of the hand well, floats dead straight, then fades VERY gently. The Hawkeye won't turn, but will flatten out if thrown hard hyzer. Honestly, the flight of this disc reminds me of a Sapphire or Heat, but without the high speed turn. I also feel like the Hawkeye is less susceptible to wind than the Heat or Sapphire.

Simply put, the Hawkeye is an amazing flier. I'd say it's one of the best fairway drivers I've ever thrown. It goes laser straight consistently, with very little side to side movement. Glide is outstanding, better than most other fairway drivers. Very reliable driver. I found myself dropping it easily right on baskets from a variety of distances. Everything from about 350'- 430' was doable. The Hawkeye powers up or down magnificently, with very little change in flight other than distance.

That brings me to the next point of discussion for the Hawkeye.... distance. For being a speed 7 fairway driver the Hawkeye is VERY long. I've gotten it to flat 400' holes on the course fairly easily multiple times. Once I even blew past a 400' hole by 30'. For being such a long disc the Hawkeye is deadly accurate. As I mentioned already, the Hawkeye will power up or down while maintaining the same general (straight) flight. Even when I put everything I have into it the disc will stay flat and bomb straight.

The Hawkeye is a fairly unknown disc. The one I have was found in a lake last year, and I've never seen any others, or heard anyone ever discuss it. Anyone who wants a floaty, straight fairway driver should definitely take a look at the Hawkeye. It has the speed of a Teebird or Eagle, but is straighter, longer, and has much better glide. I'd go as far as to call this perhaps the most underrated disc I've ever thrown. Shockingly good. Innova has struck gold with the Hawkeye.

Hawkeye: 7, 6, 0, 1. I wouldn't necessarily throw the Hawkeye into a headwind, but in calm conditions it doesn't turn. Great glide, super straight flight, and a really late, subtle fade. Distance-wise the Hawkeye will hang with MUCH faster drivers without missing a beat.

Latest posts