• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello DG World

Laser

Introducing myself to this site, I'm quite computer illiterate so you won't see me around here much, though I may try to figure out how to write a review or two and upload some pictures of local courses. I run two local ball golf courses and have recently tired of the ball golf community and have been graciously welcomed into this one.

I was introduced to this game by my son Martin Dewgarita, it started with him dragging me to some of the local courses, I was instantly intrigued but would only play when he was around. Just recently I joined the local league and play in nearly every local tournament. Not because I'm any good, but I truly enjoy the company. My competition is typically to stay out of DFL and avoid the bottom bag tag. There's so much to learn in this game (no, I'm not one to sit and read threads or watch videos to learn, I'm stubborn like that - I just try to figure it out on the course with occasional help from locals or Martin).

My favorite courses are Forest City, Albert Lea - Bancroft 1&2 and Riverland, Forest City, Austin - Todd Park, Fairmont - Cedar Creek East and West, and Mankato - Land of Memories.

I've enjoyed meeting all of the locals and would love to meet anybody else traveling through. If you find yourself at the great intersection of I-35 and I-90 on the way to the twin cities, des moines, or anywhere else, make a stop in Albert Lea and give me some notice, I'll gladly be a course guide for any course within 50 miles from here. I'll probably pick up a travel tag too, I know I'm a bit out of the way for most of you, but hopefully we can make something happen.

Again, don't expect to see much of me on these forums in the future, but don't be afraid to contact me if you're anywhere near my neck of the woods.

Looking forward to meeting some of you all, and thank the DG community for being so open and welcoming.

Introducing myself to this site,.....

.... There's so much to learn in this game (no, I'm not one to sit and read threads or watch videos to learn, I'm stubborn like that - I just try to figure it out on the course with occasional help from locals or Martin).

Again, don't expect to see much of me on these forums in the future, but don't be afraid to contact me if you're anywhere near my neck of the woods.

Looking forward to meeting some of you all, and thank the DG community for being so open and welcoming.
Welcome to the site and to disc golf. You are doing it right with learning on the course instead of the computer. Everybody and their Moms are experts on the internet. :)

Good luck and if I'm ever in your area I'll drop you a note.

Any father of Martin Dewgarita is OK in my book! Welcome.

Welcome aboard, you may find this site a little more addictive than you think!

Hi, welcome to disc golf and dgcr, u made the right choice!

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. Had a great weekend of Disc golf with Martin - we played a Safari Tournament in Albert Lea on a beautiful Sunny Sat. and a NIT Tournament at Forest City, IA on Sun in the rain. 130 holes or so over the weekend, both tournaments I beat 3 or 4 people, no DFL for me. Martin did pretty well winning a bunch of CTPs (I was calling them TCPs all weekend), he tied for first in Open on Sat(lost in a playoff) and 7th in Open on Sun, I think he came out ahead in cash over the weekend. I didn't win anything but, I had fun, that's why I'm there.

welcome, had the pleasure of shooting a round with your boy when he was in iowa. heard you had fun at wildcat bluff ;)

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. Had a great weekend of Disc golf with Martin - we played a Safari Tournament in Albert Lea on a beautiful Sunny Sat. and a NIT Tournament at Forest City, IA on Sun in the rain. I didn't win anything but, I had fun, that's why I'm there.

Laser,
Welcome to DGCR. You've got the right 'tude for the game. It's WIN-WIN if you're havin' FUN.
Met up with Martin & Forest this past winter @ Gunn Park for a round. Some good company and entertainment provided by Forest. Hope to make it up to your area this season to try out some MN courses.

"Keep on Keep'n on"

Latest posts