• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hello From Upper East TN

Yes, Fossil is gone and Harmon is the best course in the state.

Also, who does your son play travel ball for? I coach 10u when I'm not filming :)

Yes, Fossil is gone and Harmon is the best course in the state.

Also, who does your son play travel ball for? I coach 10u when I'm not filming :)

We are playing with Diamond Simcox Blue 11U. Joey Brewer is the head coach. I hate the drive but there is better competition in Knoxville. Our team up here split up and a couple of the guys went down there so I figured we would give it a try.

Diamond's a great organization. We'll probably be at some of the same tournaments. I'll keep an eye out for disc golf bumper stickers in the parking lot!

The facilities are nice. Though I would rather drive 5 minutes to get to practice than an hour and twenty minutes but there just isn't much up this way. I'm sure we will be running into each other. Baseball takes up so much time, I just hope we have time for disc golf.

Welcome. Im currently from the Tri-Cities area myself. Alpine Ski in Johnson City has the best selection of discs Ive found yet locally. Now is the time to play winged deer and warriors path for the first time with no overgrowth to swallow up the discs.

There is also a very nice course to help with form in Kingsport called Borden Park. It is a pitch and putt with the longest hole being under 250 and many being in the 180 range. It will make you learn your mids and putters. We have a disc golf club in the tri-cities called lakefront disc golf club (you can search for us) and have a monthly tournament series starting in March. It is a very good environment to learn in as the monthlys move each month. I am in Kingsport myself so if you head this way, shoot me a pm and I will show you around.

I dont know why they dont mark that cluster of baskets in the middle of the course at Borden. Even with the map found on here I still just kinda pick one to chuck at when I play there. It is one that you can move fast through and workout the mids.

Went by Pluto Sports this afternoon on the way to baseball practice. Great shop and very helpful. I let my son pick out a few discs for himself. He picked an Innova Beast, a Stingray, and a Discraft Zone. I grabbed a Discraft Avenger SS, a Buzzz and somehow I ended up with two Aviars. I grabbed one and set it on the counter and decided to grab another putter. The second one looks nothing like the first one and I didn't notice until I got home. Lol I guess my other son is getting an Aviar.