• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me with my form

jlhorner1974

Here's a video of a rather typical throw of mine (not an ideal throw, but decent for me). I typically throw mids about 200-230' on a good throw, and fairway drivers around 220-275' but I'm very inconsistent.

If you would, please comment and offer tips and pointers to help me improve would be helpful.

Please be kind, I've only played for about four months and I've had virtually no formal instruction.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jlhorner1974/media/Mobile Uploads/20151220_135513.mp4.html

- Jason

Smooth up robocop :)

Just try and "dance" the throw. Smooth, balanced, rhythm, on plane and correct grip.

Use big muscles to move little ones. Its a chain to whip the arm, cant whip it if its all arm muscles throwing it.

Last edited:
You need to close your stance(front foot closer to left side of tee pad than your rear foot), resist turning before weightshift/brace. Lead your swing from your hips/weight, not your head. Finish balanced on your front foot.

Guaranteed, the above videos will help your form. They worked on me quite well. Just curious, but what fairway drivers are you using?

Guaranteed, the above videos will help your form. They worked on me quite well. Just curious, but what fairway drivers are you using?

Here's my entire bag (disc recommandations would also be cheerfully accepted -- thinking a Fuse might be good for me):

Distance Drivers: 166g Champ Valkyrie, 175g Glow Champ Boss (got it in tournament, I don't use it now), and I just got a misprint Opto Flow/Air Opto Bolt on sale for when I'm ready to move up

Fairway drivers: 171g Lucid Witness (what I threw in the video), 172g Opto River (which I'm really liking so far), 170g Opto Stag (which I found in a creek and don't use much)

Midranges: 180g Champ Mako3, 174g Prime Truth, 180g DX Roc

Putters: 174g Lucid Judge, 175g Prime Judge

Thanks again to everyone who replied. I will definitely be looking at the videos and trying things out.

Latest posts