• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help on abbreviations

DarrellR

Par Member
Still a newbie so don't be a douche when answering...having a problem with reading abbreviations. What do some of these mean?

What does the 4x, 10x, or 11x mean?
Jk pro valk...what is jk?
Oop? (not opp)
Ink/no ink? (is it just the person's name used by a sharpie our something?)

Still a newbie so don't be a douche when answering...having a problem with reading abbreviations. What do some of these mean?

What does the 4x, 10x, or 11x mean?
Jk pro valk...what is jk?
Oop? (not opp)
Ink/no ink? (is it just the person's name used by a sharpie our something?)

1) The discs that have a pro's name on them also say the number of championships they've won. This gives a good timetable on when the disc was made. Aka "Ken Climo, 11x World Campion"
2) there's a pro who endorsed certain discs (like Ken Climo, KC) , but I can't remember the person's name.
3) out of production
4) Yes, ink refers to whether someone has written on the disc with sharpie or not.

There is a DGCR acronym thread here, but I'm having trouble linking to it from my phone. I believe the name is" DGCR Acronyms and Initialisms".

1) The discs that have a pro's name on them also say the number of championships they've won. This gives a good timetable on when the disc was made. Aka "Ken Climo, 11x World Campion"
2) there's a pro who endorsed certain discs (like Ken Climo, KC) , but I can't remember the person's name.
3) out of production
4) Yes, ink refers to whether someone has written on the disc with sharpie or not.

There is a DGCR acronym thread here, but I'm having trouble linking to it from my phone. I believe the name is" DGCR Acronyms and Initialisms".

Juliana Korver

you guys should check out that movie "you don't know jack." that made me love kevorkian, what a badass. the man is a serious genius, he was a doctor, he composes music, plays all kinds of instruments, he invents all kinds of weird contraptions and is a crazy talented painter.

the davinci of our times.

we seriously need a 'You're a Noob' sticky.

It should have links to form videos, disc manufacturers, zenbots acronyms thread, a guide to using the search function, a guide to what you should do when you find a disc, an explanation of internet arm, a guide to discing down, my five tips for noobs, a guide to using the disc organizer/scorebook/course finder, a roc v buzz explanation, a link to Frank D's noob question thread and whatever else you peoples can think of.

why dont we just sticky the noobie question thread? we stickied the WITDW thread and the ID a disc thread.

How about people just ask questions and people give them answers. are we all to busy to help. I mean what is this a forum for if people dont want to respond to questions. If I think of a question i am going to ask it. I am sure someone knows the answer.

we seriously need a 'You're a Noob' sticky.

It should have links to form videos, disc manufacturers, zenbots acronyms thread, a guide to using the search function, a guide to what you should do when you find a disc, an explanation of internet arm, a guide to discing down, my five tips for noobs, a guide to using the disc organizer/scorebook/course finder, a roc v buzz explanation, a link to Frank D's noob question thread and whatever else you peoples can think of.

How to avoid being a chucker.

How about people just ask questions and people give them answers. are we all to busy to help. I mean what is this a forum for if people dont want to respond to questions. If I think of a question i am going to ask it. I am sure someone knows the answer.

i'm not against answering questions, although some people are against me giving answers.... :)

i actually think such a thread would help people out a lot that are new here; and to address Triflusal I think just stickying the question thread is not the best way to go about it because the information is so jumbled up within a lot of pages. with a new thread all of this info would be right at the beginning plus it would include the questions thread with it.

Latest posts