• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Help with S/OS Fairway Decision?

I haven't tried any MVP yet, is the shock around a -1/3 for turn/fade, or more 0/3 or -1/2 if you had to give it numbers?

I know the numbers aren't that useful, but it's helpful to just describle the flights in basic terms :\.

Basically if it's just into that overstable range that would be perfect, but if it's more like a TL or something it's just going to overlap on my Cyclone a bunch and I'll never throw it (I do love dat cyclone).

waddleman, if I were going to give Innova ratings to my Shocks I'd say something like 9/4/0/3.5, but the fade tends to be a bit later in the flight than the numbers would suggest.

It's a great disc that I like for power FH shots and headwind drives. Thrown flat and hard it just wants to cruise straight and fade, and has pretty solid glide for how well it fights a headwind.

I have thrown all kinds of Cyclones and they are nothing alike. Even one of the beefy runs of ESP Cyclones will be slower, fade less, and do worse in a headwind.

It doesn't show any high speed turn for me in a stiff headwind. I'm tossing them about 400' BH / 350' FH for reference.

OK, yeah I think I'll be going shock for sure. The way you describe it is exactly the kind of disc I've been looking for. Can take a lot of power, fights wind, and fades late and strong without being a firebird-esque utter meathook or something in the 11/12 speed range that's too fast for the shot.

That and I've never had an MVP disc, I've always wanted to try one but never had a spot in the bag until now.

And it sounds cool.

Thanks for all the help everybody!

Just make sure you are getting a "2nd run" or "new" Shock and not the first runs. They can be a little flippy.

I'm a big fan of the Shock, and MVP's fairways in general. Like Mike said, the Shock just shrugs off wind like it's nothing and still has some nice glide. The fade is also more forward penetrating then other beefy drivers I've thrown. It will be faster then an Eagle/ Teebird.

I love the Vibram Ascent for this spot... predictable, stable to overstable just like you want, GREAT grip, and powers down amazingly well.

SOLF, or an SPD are both strong stable discs. I like the rival a lot for the moderately stable slot, but not the OS.