• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

help with stencil design.

fasteddie

Eagle Member
looking for help creating a stencil design that I've had rolling around in my noggin for a while.

I am not very good at digital editing or making a really slick vector out of images, hoping someone would be willing to help. I am more than willing to throw some cash/plastic the way of anyone who does.

so..

I would like the face of ace veteran (from the rhino sceane) forcing his way from the behind of the animal. I would also like the put this stamp on the underside (backside) of the flight plate for shizzles.

anyone got some time on their hands to help me out with this project?

Attachments

• 8872725653b7458d8f1495977b67a639.jpg
    8872725653b7458d8f1495977b67a639.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 88
this is one I was messing around with some free software last night, Its along the lines of what I'm looking for but I am sure that someone with more experience can really nail this stencil much better than I ever could.

Attachments

• rhinobutt.jpg
    rhinobutt.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 71
That looks pretty good, but I think you probably want it to be multi-layered - those always look better than single shade. Unfortunately I cannot help you, but I think its a great idea for a disc.

Somewhere in the Noobie Question thread (I think) DTP talks about how he makes his in Paint, perhaps that could help you?

I admire the talent and learning curve associated with muti layer designs and know that I don't have that level of understanding yet. this project is a bit beyond my capabilities atm, I would really appreciate some assistance if someone does have time.

LOL Thanks Krug --- I would do this if I had the time, but it would have to wait behind three other highly detailed multi-layer designs I'm commished for right now.

If you can wait, I can do this, but it will likely need to get pushed to the end of October when all my other commissions are done and I can get Okthrowberfest handled properly.

honestly that would be fine with me BennettUA , being up here in the northern mitt our season will be ending soon after that. Figured I get back to dyes and video games when the weather turns, I would like to compensate you for your efforts PM please.

I am a REAL NOOB in PS, but I did a couple:
2 shades:
2zqc3lu.jpg

3 shades:
e9smcj.jpg

4 shades:
mwyxr4.jpg

5 shades:
wj7zlt.jpg

Anyone want to enable me to be lazy and create a stencil for me?

Friend of mine wants his dog on a yellow proton Volt. Since it's not great plastic for dyeing I want to do a multi shade stencil instead of trying to paint. But I am bad at computers.

The pic is attached. Looking for just the head, not the whole dog.

Attachments

• Madison.jpg
    Madison.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 13
If you want to do a multiple shade dye, and are okay with a monochromatic color scheme, take an image such as the ones shown above, with each layer visible. Cut all of the lines, and peel off the darkest layer. Dip dye. Pull off 2nd darkest layer, dip dye, etc. until you have dyed the lightest color. Each dip will continue to darken the previous layers and add contrast. This will work best with quality vinyl such as Oracal 651. If you use contact paper, best of luck.

Literally Google
Picture to stencil converter........

You find me one that actually works well and I'd be glad to use it. Free internet software always sucks and all of those I have tried are terrible compared to what someone skilled in photoshop can do.

I'll probably just try to trace one out by hand.

Just did 2 last night using the second one from Google to make home alone stencil for gift swap

5 minutes with the free GIMP software I downloaded and I have very little experience/knowledge on this stuff. Crop, change to black and white, then posterize. I think this is 7 or 8 layers but you could experiment. It's pretty easy.
rogdog.jpg