• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

High tops v. Low tops

Do you prefer high tops or low tops for your Disc Golf shoe/boot?

• Total voters
Mid-height hiking boots for me. All day, every day. I've been wearing Keens for several years now, and although the soles need a little Shoe-Goo now and then, I like the fit and support.

Last edited:
I wear low top trail runners unless conditions dictate that I need my waterproof hikers, which are high top. I like the freedom of low tops for my ankles, high tops make me feel way too restricted. I feel like I get a better push off with low tops as well, but that could be because you have more feeling due to less restriction.

I wear mid-top hikers. It could be a mental thing, but I feel like my ankles are going to rip off my feet if I wear low heightht shoes on the course, especially on concrete pads.

I use low tops most of the time. But what I use will depend on the course. I've worn everything from sandals to leather hiking boots and wool socks because of the terrain.

Low top hikers for me. Teva Riva. OOP now, but the last time they went on sale at REI I stocked up and bought 4 pairs. With the sale/clearance they had going on I paid about 50 bucks/pair. I wear them casually for a year or so and then relegate them to dg duties.

Teva Riva eVent

Low top Merrell's but I have DGed in running shoes, sneakers, and am thinking of trying my Tevas out this summer when it gets super hot out.