• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 06/14/12: Trophy Lakes in Charleston (John's Island), SC

I went to SC for a wedding last year and had plans of playing a few courses. This one was first on my list and I liked it so much I just played there the hole trip. This course is a must play imo. I remember this hole well. I played the longs everytime and layed a buzzz up to the water the first couple times. Then spike hyzer drone to the green. I think I got a couple 3's and a 4 once due to my upshot skipping wet. The last round I went for it off the tee and skipped of the water safe. Then just spike hyzer drone to the green. I really enjoy this course and can't wait to go back. I never did get a call for my cherry augusta wraith in the drink behind 1's pin. Go play here!

Last edited:
Long ill throw a Teebird or a Leopard and hopefully get across the water, up with and aviar. Short ill throw a buzzz

my blizz wraith... it floats.

looks like this might be a nice course with plenty of water in play to ask some adventure.

Last edited:
This looks like an amazing course.

Longs:

I'm not convinced trying to go over the water to the left puts you in any better position than just laying up to the short tee.

Buzzz to the short tee.
Drone to approach.
Putt to finish.

This looks amazing. Reminds me of Trojan Park in Rainier, OR, which is the next course on my wish list. You'd need an arsenal of Dragons, Wahoos, or discs you could care less about. I'd love to play this course though.

This hole: Blue I would probably throw a fairway or a mid (TL or Buzzz) through that hole on the right and try to get a RHBH hyzer just short of the water. From there it would be the same approach as I would take from the red tee: TL across the water, Pure on the approach, and Ion for the putt... Which I would promptly miss and watch my Ion drown.

Last edited:
I think that I have to lay up from the long tee with a RHBH flippy Roc and then Teebird or Valk at the basket from there. This does look like a sweet hole though. I imagine that if there were much wind, it would be incredibly challenging.

From long I'm laying up and then a hornet over the water
From Short Hornet over the water.

This is my kind of hole! I love water hazards:) I'd go River off the tee, hoping it gets over the water or turns over and lands to the left of the water, then a Fuse for the approach. Wizard to finish it up.

Short tee: Buzzz
Long tee: Wizard, Buzzz

Was thinking about going across on my drive off the long tee, but that pine tree on the left is reaching out waiting to catch any disc that comes its way and drop it in the water, so I'll probably just play safe and throw a Wizard out towards the short tee, then a Buzzz across.

edit - looks like there might actually be a lane on the right (far right) towards the water as well, putting you closer to the pin for your second shot. I haven't seen the hole in person, but if that lane is pretty open I might reverse my drives and throw a Buzzz off the tee down that lane towards the water, then a Wizard across.. :thmbup:

Last edited:
edit - looks like there might actually be a lane on the right (far right) towards the water as well, putting you closer to the pin for your second shot. I haven't seen the hole in person, but if that lane is pretty open I might reverse my drives and throw a Buzzz off the tee down that lane towards the water, then a Wizard across.. :thmbup:

Yea I noticed that lane too. Probably the smartest way to go if it's a open enough

Looks like a cool hole! I am not sure how much you need to carry to clear the water so I would prolly play it safer and put the priority on a good second shot.

Hyser with wraith, then finish with wizard

Roc from the short, turnover with a blizz boss from the long, it should fade out and leave me a reasonable approach on the other side.

Latest posts