• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 3/19/19: Golden Eagle in Stockholm, WI

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I'll give this a shot, since this is my hole.

Hole 4 of Golden Eagle (Often referred to as hole 13 if you're playing 18 holes by combining Bald Eagle). The longest most challenging hole on the course. Listed at 465 feet from the long tee. We call it the snake, or double dogleg. Right to Left off the tee followed by a Left to Right approach.

I throw RHBH Hyzer as far as I can up the hill with a destroyer, or slightly over the crest of the hill. If I get it far enough, I have a fairly straight approach with a putter, a lot of trees guarding the green. Every time I play I'm trying to get the eagle 2 by ideally throwing it in from 100' or so, one time I hit the cage. But, it has never been two'd, and a birdie 3 is a very solid score, a 6 is more likely. I can almost imagine one of the big forehand players hitting a big flex line just perfect to leave a reasonable putt.

The HOD picture is from the top of the hill looking towards the basket.
71106d97.jpg

This one is from the Teepad looking up the hill, Get through that gap and move as far left as you can.
604ae653.jpg

Dodge the trees and you may have a look at a putt, land behind the tree that the basket is mounted in and good luck making even a 10 footer.
attachment.php

We're looking at the hole marked 4G on this map.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20151103_153349091_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151103_153349091_HDR.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 36
Champ Roc bh, then DX Roc turnover, presumably.

Nice write-up, Dewgarita!

Hmmm, this is a hole that I'm sure would give me all sorts of problems, not the least of which is starting with a bad decision. I would try throwing a FH hyzer-flipped Sol through the gap off the tee and hope that I get the timing on the turnover correct...a BH hyzer mantis off the tee would be sensible but I know I'd hit one of those two bigger trees right in front. Cool hole!

looks fun

rhbh plaz volt to rhfh plaz ion for the 2....but most likely taking a 6

I thought I recognized that dog!!!

I already posted in the other one, but you changed my mind. I'm going Z Undertaker RHBH trying to get out what looks like a first gap. Then we shall see. Looks fun, either way.

Latest posts