• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 4/19/2012 Beaver Meadows DGC, Colorado

Fishy

Double Eagle Member
Hole #17
Par 4
600'
8500' Elevation
Rating : 4.11

5ef26fda.jpg

Basket at bottom of slope 600' in the distance just on the other side of small dirt road

a2dddb38.jpg

Basket to slope, I assume it's the middle slope with the fence running up it from the first picture.

Last edited:
Course Map
Not to be mistaken for Beaver Ranch. I think this hole warrants several throws, unless there are more like it prior to this in the course, just for the sheer fun of throwing off of a hilltop. As soon as the weather warms up in the mornings, so I can ride up there, this is very high on my "must play" list this summer.

I think with the elevation drop I'd FH my QKII through the window watch it track left and then drop into the middle (depending on the wind in the open). Then approach with a Comet or Ridge drop in for the Birdie. This assumes I hit the window and not a tree, and that the wind isn't going from left to right. If so replace discs with Flash, Drone, Ion.

I would probably forehand an Eagle x to get out in the open.
If I want to go at the basket I would BH a wraith.

To this day, probably the hardest course I have ever played. I threw multiple discs on this hole - mostly a bunch of Starfire's. Totally an awesome course that everyone should make the trip too. Also hit up Sundance about 10 miles down the road, because I thought that course was even better.

FH Avenger SS or Blizzard Katana, then Comet or Wizard for the up shot. Wizard for the putt.

Probably a teebird, but at that elevation I have no idea what to expect. I would probably throw an extra shot or two just because I love watching discs in the air for really long periods of time.

It looks maybe 50' drop from the tee...

Throwing the XL first, Surge next, then Starfire followed by JLS ... thinking on whether any others ... then Comet and Roc(s) perhaps forehand a Wasp, and finally the Aviars, they all get tossed!

Latest posts