• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 5/14/18 - Sagebrush Flats in Butte, MT - #18

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
Sagebrush Flats, Butte, MT
Rating:

3Reviews
24 Played
2 Favorited
20 Wishlisted

Course Map

HOLE 18 658 ft
Sign:
f6cb77f8.jpg

Tee
3d179852.jpg

approach
e0ce4007.jpg

basket to tee
28ceb882.jpg

dunno where frito got his HOD, but this is what's showing for me today (2 HOD isn't a bad thing).

i played this 3 years ago b4 they got all baskets (some poles & 1 tree i remember), but this was one with a basket at the time (close to parking lot) & same layout.
so i'm positive at that point i threw a boss off the tee, then boss again & had a good look, but missed the putt.
nowdays it's gunna be a tantrum, unless it's windy, then teleport, unless it's really windy, then limit

dunno where frito got his HOD, but this is what's showing for me today (2 HOD isn't a bad thing).

I think they changed it since the first one wasn't very exciting. Until around 9:30 EST, it was the first picture he posted.

For this one, if there's mild wind I'll go Champ Tern and then probably Teebird or tomahawk approach.

Assuming it's not windy, RHBH Insanity -> RHBH Opto-X River -> putt

Fun hole. Destro on a big flex and hope for a Roc into the green. Thats a bad pic from the tee cuz you cant see the pin IRL. Much tougher shot than shown.

It's a decent amount downhill from tee to pin, maybe 50' overall. Pretty continuous slope but some rolling undulations in between. Super fun bomber shot off the tee. Footing for 2nd throw ranges from just OK to pretty bad.

Also, fairway slopes downhill to the left pretty much the whole way. If you're well off the line to the left there's some harsh shule.

Depending on wind, I'll go Vulcan or Destroyer on a straight-to-fade FH line. A good drive will get me left or long of the middle clump of trees. Even then, still in the Eagle range for my upshot. Pretty happy to get a 3 on this one.

Defender off the tee, then it all depends on footing. My guess is Defender again and then putt.