• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Homemade Light Box

LMAO I considered that method Will but didn't trust myself trying to trace a stencil on my flat screen. Not to mention it's a lot easier to spin a light box than my monitor.

My "lightbox" is nearly as ghetto as peabody's.
I went to the goodwill outlet center, whimsically known as the "bins" cause they just throw the goodwill rejects in big baskets, and found all my materials.
Got myself a plastic crate, an old lamp which fits in that crate, and an old picture frame I took the generic art out of and duct'd to the top.
$5 - paid by the pound.

My "lightbox" is nearly as ghetto as peabody's.
I went to the goodwill outlet center, whimsically known as the "bins" cause they just throw the goodwill rejects in big baskets, and found all my materials.
Got myself a plastic crate, an old lamp which fits in that crate, and an old picture frame I took the generic art out of and duct'd to the top.
$5 - paid by the pound.

we need pics

Stock photo of my lightbox...

Dell-Inspiron-6400.jpg

It's *really* expensive...but a multitasker...I use it most every day.

\/\/

I do the same thing! :hfive:

So i also hit up the goodwill section around my house. I found a big pasta cooker for 5$. Fits all sized discs and has the strain part. (might try a drip/hole effect). I then browsed around and found an old cake cover and a small lamp. Cost me 6$ to make this light box.I still need a smaller bulb in the box since the one i used is a regular house bulb. Need to work on a few heating issues. Well with a bit of modifications, here is what i have.

67241_451606572444_517117444_5287114_3693237_n.jpg

69075_451606472444_517117444_5287113_918930_n.jpg

ps. Spoiler as to my first ever disc dye. :D

ya it does, so a mixture of a smaller bulb and vents for the side should do the trick. I left it on for about 2 mins and it weakened the plastic. A smaller bulb for sure. Probably a 30w hobby bulb will work best.

Latest posts