• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hornets Nest

North Carolina is extremely dangerous and crime ridden. Don't come here or move here. You could be harmed. Stay away. It's for your own good. :D:p

The chances of getting your car broken into are much higher at the courses down in south Florida.

FWIW, I thought the parks in Charlotte (the 4 that I went to) seemed very well maintained, clean, and felt safe compared to parks in Florida. Then again, I play at Barnett Park in Orlando all the time and its well maintained, but also in the ghetto of Pine Hills, aka, "Crime Hills" where the homeless live in the woods near holes 12 & 16 and fights break out on the basketball courts all the time. I still play solo at Barnett all the time and never had a problem there except almost getting robbed by a gang of pre-teen hood rats once a few years back, but thats a story for another thread. lol

Like anywhere, risks with lower daylight increase. I've played all the Charlotte courses with no concern and I'm 67 yrs old. Just be smart anywhere you play. WRT Sloppydisc, we have so many courses, you don't need to avoid Charlotte!

I see Spankdog's review of Hornets Nest has now been pulled and the account is no longer active. I get the review being pulled for being so questionable; but to have the account deactivated. Hmmm.

I feel so much safter and better about going to the Nest now that the strange review was removed:thmbup:

Be sure to note the most recent directions to the park; they changed a few months ago because of bridge reconstruction on Beatties Ford Rd. just south of the park entrance.

i'm pretty sure its those ****ing hornets who keep leaving their needles everywhere. they probably killed that guy too. everybody knows hornets are total dbags. why they put a course in a hornets nest is beyond me.

We got another highly questionable review for Hornets Nest today. Watch out for the woods on the open holes of 6 & 7. Oh, and now people at the course yell out to find the next hole. It's that confusing.

I play there a lot, usually during the week. I do not see any safety issues. Because Charlotte has grown so much over the last 15 years you find crime all over the city. Any time you have a park area you will have people using the park. Not everyone is there to rob you. Just be safety minded and pay attention to your surroundings.