• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How can I tell which run my CE Valkyrie is?

Kendo

I have a CE Valkyrie that I've had for what has to be about 10 years and I want to figure out what run it is. Is there a way to tell from the color, stamp or maybe the patent number?

take pictures of the front and back and post them. take a close up of the "nipple" area on the back please and thanks.

Check the patent number...if it's 4568297, you've got a money disc right there. ;)

... ummm... all beveled edge discs have that patent...

judging by color alone i'd say it is fairly likely to be a first run. is it opaque or semi-translucent?

Yeah, I know; just f'in around. Hence the ;).

;)

yeah... i knew that you knew...:p

my guess is first run on the disc simply because i don't recall any other runs with red- opacity is such a subjective term that my opaque may be your semi-translucent. as always i stand to be corrected...

Well, if your definition of translucent suggest that the disc is semi see-thru, we're on the same page. The disc has a more pink tone than a pure red.

I was just going to post the same thing was also wondering about one I just picked up. It is translucent more like regular champion plastic.
2011-01-06_16-56-51_636.jpg

And I had this one which just broke, it was more taffy like and flat as a pancake so im assuming it was an older run right?
2011-01-01_15-49-02_238.jpg

yep- definitely late run on the top one. flat as pancake was either second or third... i forget which one was sick overstable and flat.

Second runs were the flat and overstable MONEY ones

Looks like a third, never saw any seconds that color. The top one is a later run for sure

Last edited:
Damn sucks that I broke that one. I need to find another flat one now. That thing was pretty stable for a valk, and thats a reason I wanted it in the first place. Thats what I get for playing.with old plastic in the winter though.

Second runs were the flat and overstable MONEY ones

best example ever of how different 2 discs made from the same mold can be...

i was throwing new first runs as moderately understable and the seconds were more overstable than anything in my bag.

So is it safe to say mine is a 1st Run?

I dont think so. That looks 3rd-4th run because of that last picture. it looks pretty see-through. Plus, the abbreviation of "valkyrie" (VK) was written on the inside of the little circle on the bottom of the disc. Usually all of the first runs have the numbers written big in the middle of that circle, and the abbreviation big on the outside. That is how they use to mark all of their discs...

Latest posts