• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How long did it take to get your 1st ACE?

How many years before you got your first ace?

• Total voters
The coolest shot I ever made was a 120ft shot with 11 witnesses. It was awesome to hear that many people cheer for me.

It's fun to have other people getting excited about your shot. My gf's parents were with us for my first, and they were both jumping up and down and cheering.

53 days. I used to keep stats. I had probably played 180 rounds in those 53 days though. What can I say, when you get hooked... you're hooked.
DSCJNKY

SOOOOO lucky

I mean I'm not bad, but it took me 2.5 weeks. My fourth time ever playing, me and my brother were out, RHFH on #7 white birch. Pretty short downhill. Just whipped it out there, and Cling!! I didn't even know what happened, the group in front of me was cheering. I mean I knew it went in, but 'Ace' hadn't hit me yet. This guy in front of me offered me his sharpie, haha. dunno what I would've done without him there.

i think i got one my first year playing and one last summer. the best one was last summer.

Home course of Knock Knolls in Naperville, Illinois. Its a little 9 hole

hole 5 about 225-250 (memory) - i rhbh in between all the trees and it fades left REAL nice. me and my buddy didnt hear anything, we figured i had just parked it. there was a guy walking up from hole 4 and asked who had throw the last disc. I say me...he says hell of a shot, nice ace. I walk up and see the disc just laying in there.

my first ace was on hole 6 of the same course. I rhfh between a small gap of trees as the basket is just atop a hill and around the corner to the right. it goes out JUST ENOUGH and fades right into the basket with chains singing like angels.

I have yet to get an ace. :mad:

Still a touchy subject for me that one hole I was ready to play but waited as someone was mowing the course right at the green. I sat their waiting and I saw the big mower they were riding hit the basket, leaving it tilting sideways. I thought nothing of it other than figuring I would take a look at it and maybe fix it when I got up there.

Sure enough, I thorw my shot and it is comming in perfect but then bounces off the now high-side of the beat up basket. :eek:

Maybe I should have went up there to bend it back down before, but had I done that, my throw probably would have been different. At any rate; is just wasnt meant to be and I will never know.

10 years and still waiting....granted I had a 5 year layoff when I lived in NYC. The funny thing is, is that I've gotten a number of people into the sport and both my GF and best friend have gotten aces while we were playing together. My GF's was pretty sweet on this little 120 foot hole after she'd only been playing for about 2 months...of course my buddy was there to and felt the need to remind me how funny it was that I've gotten so many people into the sport and have watched them get aces while I'm still waiting:)

I have been playing for about a month and I hit my first one about a week after I started playing. It was a very lucky shot. When I released it, I thought I had over driven the basket by a mile. Like Josh, I was surprised as all hell when it hit chains and stayed in the basket and "Ace" didn't really hit me. At the time I only used a Buzzz and an Aviar P&A and wasn't considering playing very seriously. I think it is safe to say that Ace got me hooked on the sport and now I play minimally 5 times a week.

I got my second ace two days ago at a small course here in Buffalo Grove. I think the second one felt better because I feel like I know what I am doing (or at least trying to do) and not just chucking and praying. My brother and dad were mad because they have yet to hit one and I have two, although my dad did have a thumber spit out the other day.

I have yet to get an ace. :mad:

Still a touchy subject for me that one hole I was ready to play but waited as someone was mowing the course right at the green. I sat their waiting and I saw the big mower they were riding hit the basket, leaving it tilting sideways. I thought nothing of it other than figuring I would take a look at it and maybe fix it when I got up there.

Sure enough, I thorw my shot and it is comming in perfect but then bounces off the now high-side of the beat up basket. :eek:

Maybe I should have went up there to bend it back down before, but had I done that, my throw probably would have been different. At any rate; is just wasnt meant to be and I will never know.

Oh man!!! I've hot the baskets a couple of times...but that would kill me!!! And you're right, if you would have taken the time to walk up and straighten the basket, you probably wouldn't have thrown it quite the same....

Well here's to you, me, Ahab, and the one that got away!

5 years and 11 days. July 28 will be the one year anniversary. I've hit a basket top and and a facemask since, but that's been about it.

About a week after I posted that, I got my second one. Different course, but the same hole number (#6), and with the same kind of disc (Elite X Buzz). Weird.

Been playing seriously for about 3/4 months. 2 spitouts, but nothing yet.

I got my first and second ace within a couple days of another about a year into playing. I had had a couple basket hits throughout the year, but took me that year to get one.

my first one was after 4 months playing. It's only a 160' hole, but it forces you to go to the left before coming back 20' right and going uphill. It was a really lucky shot, but hey, luck counts.

3 weeks :( It was a 200 ft putter sidearm throw. I got my other one about 2 weeks after on a 300 sidearm throw with my monarch I bought that day.

Just over a year and a half... thought i'd never get one. A couple in n outs.
fiirst ace just over one and a half years-hyzer bomb with a new Quest AT t-Bone.
2 months later Banshee ace
2months later floater down hill ace with Coyote.
This pattern says i'm due for my next ace in Sept.

Hit about a 300ft second shot, still no ace though after a couple years. Have hit metal a couple time.

No short courses around here though.

Latest posts