• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many Ace discs have you signed?

I've only seen a few aces by other people, and haven't signed any of them. I've got 7 of my own and I marked all of those discs.

Two. One for local am Josh Fisher on his first career ace. Hole 9 Sylmar with a Roadrunner. It's a damn tough shot for a southpaw. Tight window and hold the anny to the basket.

The other was a Kite I signed for Steve Rico on hole 14 Sylmar. He was testing out the disc after they'd gotten them for the Crescenta Valley Safari.
I saw Gary Sandoval ace 16 at Casitas.

I've signed about 7 or 8 and seen a bunch more. 3 of the ones I've signed 3 were for the same guy, and 2 for another guy.

Last edited:
I can't imagine playing a 125' hole. The shortest on my home course is 265ft, with most of the rest over 350' (and 2 over 500'). Are they heavily wooded?

Heavily wooded for CO. The course is on a middle schools grounds so is more geared to new players. It is the shortest on the course. The longest at about 300' When we go, I just bring 1 putter. (embarrassing fact, I have never aced there. Saving grace, I have played -18 for 18 holes a couple times)

I have one legitimate Ace and I've aced three Ace Race holes.
I do not count the Ace Race aces because it was on an altered layout.

Why would I want some other dudes name on my disc?

I kind of feel that way too, I'm happy to sign somebody else's disc if they ask, but I don't need other people to validate my aces.

I have one legitimate Ace and I've aced three Ace Race holes.
I do not count the Ace Race aces because it was on an altered layout.

I feel the same way, I got 4 at last year's ace race but I don't count them in my own list.

Yeah. I've gotten 2 aces with a friend present who doesn't believe in the whole signing discs thing. It's a little annoying.

I've signed 7 and paid out in 51 for each. Personally have one ace. I have witnessed about 20 total.

4 out of 7 of those aces on my card were from the long positions. I've had the chance to play with a lot of greats in North Texas.

I think I've paid out to a couple people on this board in 51.

I've signed all 3 that I've witnessed. One more if I count my own. 2 of the aces were by the same person who I've also seen 2nd throw "Cubby" ace twice in the same round. Crazy. He was practicing backhand and was a little of the mark. He said, "d*mn, this is such an easy side arm hole." Picks up another disc, flings it sidearm and wham! Nailed it. It would have gone at least 40ft past the basket if it hadn't hit. About 8 holes latter, same thing.

I've signed two. First one was legit cause we watched it go in and it was a tournament.
The second just happened a few weeks back. We were throwing a blind hole. Two guys were ahead of us. There were 5 in our group. Skeeter takes the crete and tosses a great looking shot.
Kane says " Man, nice shot" I say " Looks to be a bit short" and just as Skeeter was about to agree with me, >BAM< Chains!.. We get up there and sure enough, it's in the basket.
Come to find out later in the week it was a prank. I had already given Skeet the 5 bucks and later that day Kane gives him a 20 dollar bottle of beer.
What would you do with a SOB that plays a prank like that?

I've signed two. First one was legit cause we watched it go in and it was a tournament.
The second just happened a few weeks back. We were throwing a blind hole. Two guys were ahead of us. There were 5 in our group. Skeeter takes the crete and tosses a great looking shot.
Kane says " Man, nice shot" I say " Looks to be a bit short" and just as Skeeter was about to agree with me, >BAM< Chains!.. We get up there and sure enough, it's in the basket.
Come to find out later in the week it was a prank. I had already given Skeet the 5 bucks and later that day Kane gives him a 20 dollar bottle of beer.
What would you do with a SOB that plays a prank like that?

I would think that was funny if he didn't take money and beer, but since he did he's a jerk. What I would like to do and would do are two different things. I'd like to knock him on his ass, but what I would do is make sure all people we both know, know what he did.

I would think that was funny if he didn't take money and beer, but since he did he's a jerk. What I would like to do and would do are two different things. I'd like to knock him on his ass, but what I would do is make sure all people we both know, know what he did.

So Ben Decker ( one of the two guys up ahead that pulled the prank and the other guy is a PDGA official)is a turd.
Should I start a whole thread?
Ben Decker is a Turd:thmbdown::thmbdown:

5 for myself and 4 for other people. I've also witnessed several more aces but the individuals that got them didn't sign their discs.

My 5yo daughter and I went to Los Olivos this morning and I had three legitimate ace runs. If I had hit one I would have LOVED to her sign my disc. That would have been one of the coolest Father-Daughter moments ever, but alas, they were only ace runs, not actual aces.

Latest posts