• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
I've been playing about 5 months, and I've owned around 30 discs. I've lost 14, and traded probably 5 or 6. I currently own 10.

I think i'm sitting around 50-55 on the shelf and 19-20 in the bag, most of the shelved ones i found out on courses or underwater, most of the bag ones i bought. I have given a lot of discs away, mostly to my friends, several of my buddies are currently throwing discs i wrote my name on when they were mine. I would very much like to give away discs i don't use to new players, but i do not run into them all that much, and usually when i do see kids playing out on the course, i see them do something that pisses me off so then i forget all about solidifying the future of the sport.

Every fall i make a habit of stopping in the middle of a round, zipping my bag shut, and digging through the worst shule or grass i can find, looking for discs. This year alone i have found at least 15, best was 6 in one hour. I have specific areas on specific courses where i do this, and timing is important because you have to get there right as soon as the rough is dying, and discs become visible, but if you wait too long other people find them and pickings become slim.

I would be all about trading, but i dislike internet transactions involving mail, so it would have to be local players and in person.

I have 43 that I play with, practice with, or lend out. I have another 5 on the wall. My wife knows I have a bunch, but not how many. She would kill me if she did the math to find a total cost to this "free" sport (i.e. discs, gas, bag, tournament, shoes, etc.). I love it just the same and it is not going anywhere. :clap:

Haha. I don't tell my gf when I buy discs. When she asks me about one that she's never seen I kind of shrug it off. My friends usually blow my cover.
You know, she wants that whole ring thing... Oh well.

Okay, I have

16 Discs (9 drivers, 4 Mids, 2 Putters, 1 classic Discraft Phantom+). Lost 6;Given away 2, None returned. I usually carry 12 discs in my current bag. I am that type of person that will buy a disc, even if I don't really need it. My wife helps me limit that compulsion though! ;) ...For what it's worth, I do have 1 Star Jack o latern Boss that I got in my very first tourney. I won't use it, I placed High enough to actually win something, it's my trophey! I also have 2 ultimate frisbees, one is lighted. Very cool!

17 Drivers
4 Midrange
16 Putters

I live in a place without a permanent Disc Golf Course and no local shops. I started by buying starter sets for 4 people to play, then a DGA Lite basket, then I started adding misprint discs to try out different discs, then I bought multiples of drivers and putters for practice for myself and my girlfriend...

In the end, I only play with what fits in my starter bag 5-10 discs, which includes 2 putters, 1 midrange, 2 drivers I know how to throw, and whatever discs I want to experiment with.

My efforts did pay off. Four different friends did go out and buy their own sets. Amazing, since they only play with me. But nobody uses the bags. They all would rather just carry the discs.

Discs

I have about 14, 7 of which found, and I've had about 20 total. I've only bought about 11 of the discs I've ever owned, and this is all in 6 months. after christmas, thats gonna go up another 6 (I've got the snap and stuff down, now i"m feeling around for what I like before I get multiples). I'd say that I'd carry about 15 to my first tourney.

how many discs do you currently own? 46

How many have you owned in your lifetime and how many years have you played? 100 ishly in around 5 years, owned.

Is there a limit on how many discs you carry in a tourney? Bag capacity

14 if you count the champ second run katana that's on it's way.

i have 13 at the moment. i want to buy more, but i'm unemployed so money is tight. i am selling my soda/beer cans for disc right now...lol...but that takes forever. i need close to 20 lbs of cans to buy an 8 dollar disc:mad: