• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many of each disc type in your bag?

5 putters
-KC aviar
-Champ Rhyno
-light DX XD
-heavy Rpro XD
-heavy glow champ XD

5 Mids
-Proline Cobra
-Champ Cobra
-ESP Buzzz
-Fusion Suspect
-Champ Gator

2 fairway drivers
-Fresh star eagle
-beat star eagle

3 control drivers
-Sirius OLF
-Star Valk
-Star Roadrunner

2 distance
-fresh pro wraith
-beat pro wraith

bag isn't likely to change much in the near future. I might put in my fresh/beat destroyer combo to replace the wraiths at some point

6 Putters:
-Glow KC Pro Aviar
-11x Champion KC Aviar
-JK Aviar
-DX Polecat
-Soft Neutron Envy
-Proton Envy

6 mids:
-Lucid Suspect
-Fuzion Suspect
-Flat top glow DX Roc
-McPro Roc 3
-Champion Roc3
-Z Buzzz OS

7 Fairways:
-Icon Patriot
-G Star Teebird
-XG Gummy Teebird
-Glow Champion Teebird
-Star Avery Teebird
-Champion Brinster Teebird
-Champion Banshee

3 Control Drivers:
-Neutron Einstein Motion
-QOLF 1.2 (trying out G Line PD and G Star Thunderbird as well)
-Neutron Volt

4 Distance Drivers:
-VIP Sorcerer
-TP Sorcerer
-VIP Metal Flake Giant
-VIP Air Giant

I carry too many discs :(

4 speed 11 distance drivers
2 speed 9 "control" drivers
2 fairways
4 mids
4 putters

That is my normal line up. sometimes I will add a couple more fairways and mids when I bump the disc count up to 20.

4 putters - a matched pair for driving and a matched pair for putting.
3 mids right now - overstable, stable, and understable.
4 fairway drivers (even though I mainly use 1 or 2)
2 controlled distance drivers
1 utility/just-in-case/whatever

14 total.

Putters-
2 Classic Judges
2 XD's
1 Pro Rhino

Mids-
1 LE 1R ESP Comet
2 Buzz's - 1 TI, 1 Cryztal Z
1 Gauge icon
1 ESP Drone

Fairway-
3 XL's - 1 z, 1 esp, 1 d
2 trackers - 1 z, 1 esp
1 patriot icon
1 DD witness lucid
1 innova RR champ
1 innova pro wraith (old flippy)
1 esp crank
2 outlaws icon
1 firebird champ

I'm missing one but i'll edit later...my mold count is up but its pretty much a function of having taking some time off from the sport and thus not cycling. Which I appreciate more than ever now, because say you lose your best/favs in the drink or car runs it over. Yes you can speed up the breaking in process, but you can't repeat the flight characteristics you're looking for until some time later...not hey i'm at a tourney and just lost all my beat in anny discs...what now. So i've been doing both, using an old beat in wraith for turnovers, as well as a Roadrunner and witness. All with varying levels of success, mind you i just re-started playing again this spring for the first time in a couple years off...but i'm still pretty sharp and am liking the US discs i have used off the shelf.

I have a DD Ranger and, at the moment, I'm carrying...

3 Putters
3 Tweeners/Upshot Discs
6 Mids
5 Fairway
3 Drivers

I don't really have the arm for big distance drivers and therefore I don't carry many. My focus is almost exclusively on my mid/fairway game.

I've been playing for a long time so I'm now to the point where I have just a couple of molds I love, which dominate my bag. It takes a lot to get me to try anything new or different, I'm pretty set in my ways. All my discs are max weight because I like to keep it simple, that's also why I have so few molds. Fewer molds means less decision making on the course, just grab and go. I learned a long time ago for myself that the fewer molds I carry to execute all the shots I need the better I do. Though the specifics vary its usually pretty close to:

Aviars: 4ish
I like stiff and beaded ones for putting, more flexible and beadless for straight upshots and I usually have 1 thrower beaded for more stable shots. At the moment I'm using 2 Judges for putting (c'mon, its an aviar. I do like them a lot tho). McPro's for upshots and a standard KC for throwing
Rocs: 4-6
KC rocs all the way. Been throwing stock KC's for something like 8 years. I recently started using a champ roc3 that I like but its really overstable. The rest of them vary in age and wear to get a smooth transition from super flippy turnovers to brand new stable. I'm also a big fan of the KC flat top rocs, got a couple laying around that rotate in and out of the bag to slow the break in process.
Fairway drivers 4:
2x Teebirds and 2x leopards. Been that way for a long time. Teebirds go from super overstable to stable, leopards from straight to flippy. 90% of my fairway shots are done with an OLD original star plastic run TL that came out as the craziest overstable teebird I've EVER see. After 6 years of heavy use and break in its still only has a little bit of flip with a super long, consistent fade. If I ever loose that disc my rating will probably drop 50 points.
Max D drivers 4-6ish
Destroyers have been the go too here for a long time. I really like the glide I get out of the pro plastics, so I'm constantly rotating brand new ones in and retiring ones that are too beat. I like the EcoStars a lot so I usually have one of those, and its not uncommon to see a an AJ or another star run in their, just depends on what I've got on hand or need.
I used to carry an overstable boss for the occasional anhyzer big D line, now I'm trying an Xcal there, which is the first time I've tried a new mold in a long time. Im really liking what I'm seeing from that so its probably not going anywhere.
Overstable utility discs 2
1 firebird, 1 monster. Love my crazy old, still meat hook overstable, champ monster. The FB is a new addition as I'm working on my sidearm game and I figure that'll be a good sidearm workhorse.

The only real gap that setup has is a "transition" driver to take me from my teebirds to my destroyers. I've found that 99% of the time it I don't need one, but every once in a while a shot shows up where I have to choose between really trying to crush a teebird or take a lot off a destroyer. I'm planning on experimenting with that slot soon, probably with PD's and thunderbirds. Who knows, I may even blow the dust off the Ole orc's and beasts

One Putter - Aviar (wanted to learn it inside and out before getting something else)
Three Mids - KC Pro Roc, DX Gator, Champ Mako3
Three Fairways - Pro Leopard, Two Champ Teebirds of different weight
Four Drivers - Firebird, Valkyrie, and Sidewinder all Champ (to take beatings) with a DX Orc for Max D

1 putting putter: JK Aviar
4 approach/driving putters: DX Aviar P&A, Star Aviar P&A, Star BB Aviar, ESP Zone
6 mids: 2 DX Stingrays, 2 Star Stingrays, ESP Buzzz, Sirius Sentinel MF
8 drivers: 2 QOLFs, SOLF, 2 Starlite Terns, Champion Tern, ESP Predator, Dragon (although Champion Sidewinder is just about to replace the Dragon)

No fairways.

3 - Putters
6 to 7 - Midrange
2 - Fairways
3 to 4 - Tweeners
2 to 5 - Distance

I used to carry 12 or 13 discs but I whittled it down to a healthy 9 recently:

3 putters
3 mids
2 fairways
1 distance driver

Also I realize the Starfire is a DD but I don't consider it a "distance driver" like the Wraith.

I was never into bag minimalism until this season. I think somewhere along the ways of losing numerous discs this year and working on my form I decided to cut things back. Also I don't carry backups, perhaps those would be more discs to randomly throw into the s#!t.

1 putting putter (pure)
4 driving putters (pure, aviar, zone)
5 mids (fuse, 2x buzzz, wasp, drone)
4 fairway drivers (2x leopard, teebird, predator)
6 distance drivers (valkyrie, D4, nuke, 2xdestroyer, D1)

I dont carry many molds but carry many variations on the molds i do carry

4-5 putters
4-5 mids
5-6 Fairways
4-5 Distance

Playing around with some stuff but mainly:

3 putters
1 mid
3 FW
1 DD

And even this feels like I'm carrying too much

My best rounds have been
1 putter
1 mid
2 fw
And a utility beefcake

4-5 putters (two for putting, 2-3 for driving and upshots)
4 mid ranges
5-6 fairways
5-6 distance

3-4 putters (2 putting, 1-2 off the tee)
4 mids
3-4 fairways
4 drivers

Latest posts