• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How may brands in your bag

Lat 64, Discmania, and Westside. Got the whole Norden thing going on.

In retrospect it doesn't make much sense how I got here but I'm pleased with what I have and figure at my skill level (or lack thereof) I can learn just fine on the existing.

@ Vegan Ray: What is this Night bag you speak of? is night golf allowed in DC or some shit?
@ Tossin'inMemphis: quit playin'

for me right now 3 will probably go to 4 when I check the mail tomorrow :twisted:

Three, Innova, Millennium, Discraft.

I could if I had to drop to Innova, and Millennium. I wouldn't wanna give up my Predator, but the Firebird would work. and REALLY wouldn't want to give up my TP Cyclones, but I could make a Gazelle, or TL work. But, Innova even though they are the same company, don't make the SOLF. So unless they start making a SOLF under the Innova name I'll have to stick to at least 2 manufacturers. I could find some 11X Champ Teebirds again if I really had to, but they wouldn't be the same.

Lol, this made me wonder if Innova would let their Pro's use Millennium disc if they didn't have stamps on them or something. Like stamp a SOLF with Tourny stamp or something. Heh, that would be nice, but I highly doubt they'd do it.

Vibram: Proto VPs, beadless VP
Discmania: PDs (c,p,s)
Innova: Max, Firebird, Wraith, Destroyer
MVP: Ion
DIscraft: Buzzz, Stalker

I am probably going to drop the Max and just keep star Firebirds. I am waiting till after I ove to decide on what stays and what goes. 4500' elevation difference between here and West Virginia.

Those of you that like Discmania should realize that it is Innova in Europe, it isn't a separate brand. From what I understand, DGA is a subsidiary of Discraft so I'm not sure if that really qualifies as a separate brand either (like GMC and Chevy).

Anyways, I'll throw whatever if it gets the job done and does what I need it to. I'm not brand loyal to the point I only use one. I honestly think that it is silly to do so as you're limiting your game an options. What benefit would a person be getting if they just limited themselves to one brand? I can see that if you're sponsored and their rule is that you can ONLY throw their brand. Gateway isn't like that, they can throw any other brand they want when they're sponsored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0TSuRXFd3A

To be topic relevant I have discs from Millennium, Discraft, Gateway, Innova/Discmania, DGA.

Innova, discraft, latitude 64, vibram, discmania , millennium. That's six manufacturers, no big deal...

As soon as I get my latest order from Marshall Street, it'll be 5:

Innova
Discraft
Discmania
Vibram
MVP

Wow, never thought I'd get up to that many. if I ever pick up a XXX, it'll be 6 :wink:

Innova: E* Wraith, Star TL or Champ Teebird (depending on the course), Champ Banshee (x2)
Discmania: PD (C, S currently, and P arriving this weekend)
Discraft: Buzzz (2 ESP, 1 Z)
Gateway: Magic (1 SS and 1 SSS)

11 discs, 6 molds, 4 manufacturers.

I'm auditioning the Fuse tomorrow, and an Ion in transit. So, the lineup may change soon.

Sean40474 said:
Those of you that like Discmania should realize that it is Innova in Europe, it isn't a separate brand. From what I understand, DGA is a subsidiary of Discraft so I'm not sure if that really qualifies as a separate brand either (like GMC and Chevy).

Anyways, I'll throw whatever if it gets the job done and does what I need it to. I'm not brand loyal to the point I only use one. I honestly think that it is silly to do so as you're limiting your game an options. What benefit would a person be getting if they just limited themselves to one brand? I can see that if you're sponsored and their rule is that you can ONLY throw their brand. Gateway isn't like that, they can throw any other brand they want when they're sponsored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0TSuRXFd3A

To be topic relevant I have discs from Millennium, Discraft, Gateway, Innova/Discmania, DGA.
Discmania was supposed to be Innova Europe, but it didn't go that way. Innova Europe is an existing company that was established in 2009, Discmania was established in 2001 (CEO Jussi Meresmaa). I'm not denying they aren't heavily linked, hell, Jussi is plays in Innova's team, and Discmania's discs are built from Innova mold pieces, but they're still different companies. Discmania sold Discraft, D.G.A and Latitude products in Finland (still does in Germany) until a short while ago, I don't think they'd done that had they merely been Innova's European front. =)

Currently four brands, seven molds:

Innova: Teebirds, Valkyrie, Whippet
Discraft: Buzzz, XL
Discmania: CD
Gateway: putters

Next order, the Lat 64 Fuse may bump the numbers to five brands, eight molds.

I have the following:
MVP (the Ion)
Discraft (the Buzzz)
Discmania (the three PDs)
Innova (the Destroyer)
so...four manufacturers.

To the OP: You're at a disadvantage if you AREN'T throwing more than one company's discs. The only reason to limit yourself is to either promote a company you really like (in my opinion this should be a new company, not a well established one) or if you are sponsored.

Innova, Discmania, Discraft, Lat64, MVP, and Gateway since I still have a Voodoo in the car in case of rain play.

gateway, quest, discraft, innova, latitude, and sometimes i throw a little vibram in

Latest posts