• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How much do you use your arm?

TheScissors

When doing RHBH do you only start using your arm once you get to right pec, or are you just using your body to turn your arm faster at the right pec?

Im using my arm the whole way through. lol. joking aside there are plenty of articles on throwing distance. with you being brand new do you have any #'s you can give us so we know how to help you.

Your arm should just be a whip. The rest of your body should creating the force.

I the muscles in my arm don't tense up and I don't think of actively accelerating it until the right pec-type area. Before then I do use the arm to guide the disc to the position (hips/shoulders help too), but then when I want to chop the elbow open and whip my arm around with my shoulder...that's when the muscles really get going, and have to be timed with hips/upper body rotation properly.

One thing that has helped me is to think about flinging my fore arm not my whole arm. This has helped me not to strong arm and make it easier on my shoulder.

I have no clue what I would do without my arms.

I use them ALOT!

Especially to disc golf.

I also utilize my hands, shoulders, torso, hips, legs, feet and the rest of my body in a glorious symphony of disc golf excellence. ;)

Throw further, NOT harder.

It's like zen when you get it right.

Last edited: