• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] How much does plastic color matter? (Trilogy)

AzteC

Eagle Member
When it comes to say Lucid plastic, you have a blue lucid and a red lucid disc of the same mold. Are the plastics different in terms of coloring agents, or is it an actual different "plastic"? Does color affect stability? It seems like Dave Feldberg is a big advocate of the matte white discs, I'm assuming because he thinks they are more OS?

Thoughts?

When it comes to say Lucid plastic, you have a blue lucid and a red lucid disc of the same mold. Are the plastics different in terms of coloring agents, or is it an actual different "plastic"? Does color affect stability? It seems like Dave Feldberg is a big advocate of the matte white discs, I'm assuming because he thinks they are more OS?

Thoughts?
I have understood that this "Matte White" plastic was designed mainly for Decodye discs (you can get them also as blank discs so not all are Decodyes). I believe that the matte texture is better suited for the printing / dying process that they use.

So the Fuzion / Gold / TP that is used for these Decodyes is a bit different from the standard runs. However, I haven't heard of any systematic differences between different colors in the standard run molds.

I've never noticed any differences with color per se in Lucid/Opto/VIP or Fuzion/Goldline/TP. However, my experience has been that the opaque milky Lucid plastics are generally more OS than their clear counterparts. I've had good luck with milky white Verdicts, Stags and Trespasses so there is that. I also have an opaque Yellow Lucid Evidence that is noticeably more stable than a clear one.

I've never noticed any differences with color per se in Lucid/Opto/VIP or Fuzion/Goldline/TP. However, my experience has been that the opaque milky Lucid plastics are generally more OS than their clear counterparts. I've had good luck with milky white Verdicts, Stags and Trespasses so there is that. I also have an opaque Yellow Lucid Evidence that is noticeably more stable than a clear one.

Agreed. My opaque Lucid Freedom was much more overstable than my translucent pink Freedom.

Some runs might be done in one color, and if (as a run) they're a bit more OS or US, that might explain other color/stability correlations.

Way back in the day the dark blue GL plastic was less stable than all the others. This seems to be fixed now though.

There was a baller run of OS matte white Giants a while back.

Decodye is definitely more stable/os than standard tp/fuzion.

I have neon green westside and lat64 opto stuff that is super beefcake at 160 grams.

Not sure if it's accurate, but ive convinced myself neon green stuff is beefy.

Way back in the day the dark blue GL plastic was less stable than all the others. This seems to be fixed now though.

Unless they were the dark blue heavy Gold Line Rivers. Those were the most stable of the bunch and the best Rivers you could ever throw.

Otherwise, opaque yellow Lucid/Opto/VIP have a tendency to be the most stable runs for the last three years. I have/had a ton of Swords, Trespasses, Halos, Verdicts, Stags, Saints, Hatchets, and Thiefs and this has always held true. Opaque whites are close, but I have always seen more noticeable results out of the yellows.

I agree with this, as I have two milky white lucid Felons that are far more beefy compared to an orange and pink felon I had.

Also I have two older sticker weighted dark blue Giant and Enforcers than did turn into just stable fliers and are great. I remember JohnE McCray looking for those Giants as well as he thought they were a bit straighter. I was also lucky enough to find one of the older run White giants in used bin at La Mirada's shop. Super happy I found that disc.

Last edited:
I just purchased an opto compass which has some weird looking flakes in it and it is pretty understable compared to my other two opto compasses. this is the hand eye supply stamp version on DD's site. they do not state it but new, this thing turns which the other two do not. not sure I will purchase online without them showing me the exact disc I'm buying. so beware of the yellow hand eye supply versions of the compass.

Latest posts