• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How would you play this hole?

I thought about a thumber, but it would probably roll down the slope into the water after landing on edge. I'd probably throw a forehand with a Flick out over the water even though I'm not very proficient at them because of the slope that the basket is on. A forehand or left-hand bh will stick a lot better on that slope than a backhand, which seems like it would skip or roll down it unless you landed it flat and soft.

like others have said, depending on wind conditions, FH a firebird or BH a beat flx buzzz slightly to the right of the pin and watch it settle in nicely without skipping or rolling into the drink.

Here's how I played it:

#1 Tee down to the far lower section of the hill with a slow, controlled putter shot.

#2 Approach to the pin with a slow, controlled putter shot.

#3 Hole out.

I'd make this one bleed with the old disposable DX TeeBird RHBH right at it. If you forehand it and don't make it your lying three with a similar shot without the elevation drop advantage. I would backhand this with a dependable non-fading disc that you don't mind if you lose. Take the pucker factor out of it.

Buzzz on an anny, or for pure ****s and grins orc anny to fade out flat at the basket...

dont play it safe!!! i tried to play it safe and ended up in the woods. just go at it

If you backhand it and fade into the water you still have a shot at a circle 3. If you flick it and go it the water your screwed.

Z Buzzz Straight at it. Looks like a good hole for the southies.

Definitely RHFH something, but I can almost guarantee that I would not start it far enough left or over hyzer it and end up in the trees to the right :(

OK, I didn't read any other responses because I wanted to post what was in my brain without being influenced by any other ideas. I'm a RHBH thrower and my sidearm REALLY sucks so I don't have a way to Hyzer into this hole.

That said, I see hazard to the left and trees to the right with the fairway sloping towards the lake.

You certainly don't want to end up in the lake, but if you did, it would be far better to have faded out into the lake because you'll get better position because your drop spot is where the disc last left fair territory. So if you threw an anhyzer route, you would leave fair territory near the tee if your disc didn't make it. If you throw a straight shot towards the basket and it fades into the lake, at least you get further up the hole.

If the distance markers are correct on that page, then the hole is 310' long and a relatively straight shot. I'd grab my Z Buzzz and aim about 4-5 degrees to the right of the pin and huck it flat and low. If I was feeling less confident, I'd hyzer flip my ESP Meteor to fly a slight anhyzer line but mostly straight.

If I was super Ballsy, or just confident in my skils (and I'm not confident enough to try this), I'd huck my meteor out over the water with a hyzer flip anhyzer line and try to come into the basket from the left so the sloping fairway will minimize overshoot and the trees are there as a backstop. Again, I'm not that skilled to pull this off enough to make the risk worthwhile, but if you can take a deterring quality like the slope of a fairway towards the hazard, and make it work for you then it makes the hole easier. If you can utilize the trees as a backstop too, then you've turned two negative qualities of the hole into positives and that can make or break the round.

So that's how a relative noob sees this hole with his limited Skill set.

pro d focus right at it, ripped so i get some high speed turn toward the trees and what little fade i get i hope will be short and in-line. don't fancy putting downhill toward the water.

RHBH a Coyote or Mako most likely, depends on the winds. If I was feeling confident in my FH, a Whippet.