• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Hypothetical straight flying disc question

I think FD, hopefully get 300+ before it hits something although it'd probably take a ton of tries. So hard to visualize throwing down a 12' pipe vs. a 12' square hallway, I bet it's way harder than I imagine. For a FH I'd probably go PD...a disc I don't even bag.

What disc, off the rack...

Innova isn't selling beat Rocs yet? What kind of business are they if they aren't providing the product that their customers want most? :p

How about this: Innova buys some sort of a tumber and fills it with crushed rocks. Then throws Rocs into it, and gives it a spin for a bit. They could sell Rocs that are beat in to various degrees - for a cost.

Gee, 72 degrees F, huh?

If it were 80 degrees, then I would say a 145 ish gm Star Destroyer, but everyone knows that 72 degrees is just a bit too chilly for Destroyer max distance. :p

So, I'll go with a Kastaplast K1 Glow Falk. That way, at I can see it.

Assuming I got multiple throws - I would start off with a Champion Sidewinder. Once I got a decent throw with that I would change to a Pro Wraith. Hyzer flips FTW.

Or if could only throw one disc I would grab a lighter weight Star Teebird.

I would bet that the longest disc would be a driver, too hard to really good distance on a putter or mid with only 12' of ceiling. If I got a few throws I am pretty sure I could clear 300' of distance. If everything went right I could even see getting something out to 350'. After that I don't know if I could keep the disc low and straight enough. It wouldn't surprise me to people go past 400'.

I won't win because I don't have the arm but I would give it a go with a VIP Warship

I'd throw a lightweight low PLH Cannon. I can hyzerflip them no more than 10' off the ground with ease...all you Comet and Roc chumps aren't breaking 350' under a 12 foot ceiling.

If I had exactly one throw, X Comet.

If I had multiple tries, I could get a Champ Tern pretty far.

I'd throw a lightweight low PLH Cannon. I can hyzerflip them no more than 10' off the ground with ease...all you Comet and Roc chumps aren't breaking 350' under a 12 foot ceiling.

If you can keep something like a Cannon within a 12 foot wide gap for more than 350, more power to you. I've seen very few players who could do that reliably with a high speed driver even at the pro level. It's something McBeth is good at, which is how he got the eagle on Blue Lake hole 17 2 rounds in a row during 2014 Worlds when I don't know of any other player who's ever even done that. I've only thrown one Cannon, but that thing needed room to work even on a hyzer flip.

I'd pick something like a beat Roc because I know I could reliably keep it straight side-to-side for at least 250 even with only a 12 foot ceiling, which is better than I could do reliably with most drivers, especially high speed stuff. If I were picking a driver, the best I've ever had for that dead straight line was a 165 Echostar Teebird. Mine is a little beat now, but I could probably still hyzer flip it for a nice straight line. Even there though, I don't trust it to hold straight quite as much as I do a Roc.

I think the only disc that I've thrown that didn't need at least a bit of seasoning when new to get a dead straight throw I could control side to side and keep low and minimal fade is a River.

Relay for sure. It's the disc I've thrown the longest on a frozen rope.

Latest posts