• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I’m putterly challenged

Funny, but putters seem to be the one category where I sort of "let the disc do the work". Mids and up and my bag is mostly neutral to slightly overstable disc and I prefer to make them do what I want.

I'm over 50 and only started playing about four years ago so I don't have any weird ambitions or dreams of playing in the open division. I do like to play to the best of my ability though.

Also, if I am being honest with myself, I could probably get away with an Envy or two and call it good but then I'd have to add something else to the bag so the discs don't flop around and whatever I add might complicate the rest of my game.
Beer is a solid option to fill up empty space in the bag. :|

Actually I fill up the space with four or five of the same disc; I've got discs that have been in my cart for years that have been thrown maybe a dozen times. They are really just there to keep the other discs from flopping around and falling out. Which is another dirty little secret of the six Roc guys; don't tell anybody. :|

Driving putts for ace runs - AK-47 cuz it floats long and straight
Approachs - Nylon Rubber Wizard
Outside circle 1 - RFF Wizard
Inside circle 1 non-obstructed shot - Eraser Voodoo
Inside circle 1 obstructed shot - RFF Wizard

I'm in the camp that a Zone will cover all the shots mentioned if you just commit to the throw. I've tried most of the OS putter options mentioned and haven't found anything that I can't do with a Zone.

Beer is a solid option to fill up empty space in the bag. :|

Actually I fill up the space with four or five of the same disc; I've got discs that have been in my cart for years that have been thrown maybe a dozen times. They are really just there to keep the other discs from flopping around and falling out. Which is another dirty little secret of the six Roc guys; don't tell anybody. :|

It's called "bag seasoning" your discs... slightly more effective than shelf seasoned

Well, I had an epiphany while I slept last night.

Pretty sure taking the Harp out of my bag isn't going to wreck my game as the Zflx Zone is a hit and stick disc like the soft Harp.

I feel a little less like a freak if I bag the Envy for neutral stuff, the Pig for backhands, and a Zone for forehands.

If I'm going to carry multiples of the same types of discs, it's going to be putters. I'd rather have my overlap there than in my drivers.

Well, I had an epiphany while I slept last night.

Pretty sure taking the Harp out of my bag isn't going to wreck my game as the Zflx Zone is a hit and stick disc like the soft Harp.

I feel a little less like a freak if I bag the Envy for neutral stuff, the Pig for backhands, and a Zone for forehands.

You'll now have nightmares about that 'vacant slot' in the bag.

I carry 7
2x Challengers (Putting Putters)
Cryztal Fierce (neutral FH disc/short straight drives)
Woodland Ponderosa (US putter)
21 TS Luna (OS putter, new to the bag)
Z Zone (Zone stuff duh)
Alpine Baobab (short utility, rollers, comfier than a Stego)

I used wizards and magics exclusively for the past 10-15 years but recently switched to Lunas and Zones. One of the main reasons was because I was carrying too many putters (so I thought) with 2 magics and 2-3 wizards but that has completely backfired on me since now I am carrying up to 8 putters all the time (!!!) :

4 Lunas: matching black set for putting, Big Z and TS21 for throwing
4 Zones: Ti Flx Ledgestone 21, Big Z Ledgestone 21, 2 Jawbreakers (one very beat, one working on being beat)