• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I GOT A CALLBACK!

Rbuzz9

Eagle Member
Was playing a course with annoying TALL GRASS everywhere on Sat. Lost a brand new Pro Valk. Got a call back before i reached home. Was very happy about it - made my day.

Is there anything worse than holes with blind landing spots with tall grass everywhere??

Nobody is calling me because I aint no holla back girl.

Click here to see what I mean.

Was playing a course with annoying TALL GRASS everywhere on Sat. Lost a brand new Pro Valk. Got a call back before i reached home. Was very happy about it - made my day.

Is there anything worse than holes with blind landing spots with tall grass everywhere??

playing in snow, losing 3 discs, getting two back from the course owner and the same day have a guy call you with your other pro d disc and wants 15 bucks for it. even though the course rules state that all discs found must be returned.

I've gotten three call backs in the last month, all for discs I gave to my buddies. One I gave to a friend almost two years ago and has now made it to Seattle. In each case I said "keep it, you deserve it. Thanks for calling"

playing in snow, losing 3 discs, getting two back from the course owner and the same day have a guy call you with your other pro d disc and wants 15 bucks for it. even though the course rules state that all discs found must be returned.

WOW haha - that is Bad - what a jerk - i understand maybe wanting shipping back - which is like 5 bux Tops. that's insane

I would seriously consider calling it in as stolen property. You would have had to have gotten the guys name or number though when he called.

A few months ago I got a call about a disc I lost 2 years ago. The guy said he found it at another course about 10 miles away. I told him I was happy that he found it, and he said " Oh really?" and then laughed and hung up on me. I was so mad, I didn't think about the fact that I had his number on the caller ID and I could have called him back and harassed him.

Oh well, it was a green Valk, and that is why I don't throw green discs, except my Soft Magnet. The fact that he found it at another course means someone else lost it, and it will most likely get lost again.

i would agree to the 15 bucks, tell him to meet me at the course, and then beat his ass and take my disc back when he got there...what a jerkoff

A few months ago I got a call about a disc I lost 2 years ago. The guy said he found it at another course about 10 miles away. I told him I was happy that he found it, and he said " Oh really?" and then laughed and hung up on me. I was so mad, I didn't think about the fact that I had his number on the caller ID and I could have called him back and harassed him.

talk about a douche move....wow, i would be uber pissed.....the places i play, NO ONE calls you back....come to think of it, the whole time ive been playing ive never had anybody try to call.....i did lose one in a tree a week ago and one of the locals i play with knew it was mine and gave it back for 3 bucks...thats his finders fee though, he sells new and used disc on site to everyone, i didnt care i was just happy to get it back, as ive had that disc 2nd longest of all.....

my friend found a champ boss yesterday during a mini, turns out the owner of the disc was another guy i play with..and it was his go-to driver that he has been sorely missing....i told my friend i would give him a disc if he gave that one to me to give back to the dude....that way everyone was happy in the end..

Finders Fee's? I know they went through the effort and I applaud that. I still don't like paying for a disc that I have already purchased. I am more than happy to give discs back to their owner for free, even covering shipping costs but I would hope everyone would be willing to do the same.

Finders Fee's? I know they went through the effort and I applaud that. I still don't like paying for a disc that I have already purchased. I am more than happy to give discs back to their owner for free, even covering shipping costs but I would hope everyone would be willing to do the same.

i agree...i think its stupid as well,..bc i wouldnt feel right doing it to someone else, but this guy is a local at this course, and has been for a long time and knows everyone around dfw....and me only being here 6 months, im not gonna call him out on it ya know?

The only callback I ever got was..."Hey I found your d [crackle crackle] so let me k [crackle crackle] me at 59 [crackle crackle] 724

Oh well, I guess it's still a call back.

I've lost 2 in the 2 months I've been playing. One had my name on it, the other didn't. Got a call on the one with info. It was about 100' further down the hole than where it went in, talk about a forgiving kick. But I had no chance of finding it, due to that fact. Guy got it back to me about a month after it went into hiding.

During one round a couple of weeks ago, I found 3 discs, all from people playing in league that night (not all lost that night). Talk about your easy returns, just toss them at the person while you pass them. Have to assume this led to some good karma, since that night I have found 8 discs (all low end plastics), with no ID of any kind.

I can't really think of a time that a finders fee would apply. I might invite them to the next game I play so they can pick it up but that's really about it.

I've only lost 2 discs with my # on them. One was a super beat up DX beast that was my go-to. Took 1.5 years to beat it like that and it was perfect. I miss her :(

My home course has lots of water on it (Greenbelt Carrollton) and I have found several discs but have yet to find one with a # on it. I troll the course on Saturdays when I play around 730-8am (usually don't find anything because the water is low right now) but would call if # was on a disc.

If you looked like Gwen im sure I would holla back!!!

I just write Gwen on all my discs with "Holla back" on the bottom.

Works like a charm... well until I answer the phone.

**ring ring***

Marty - (DEEP MAN VOICE) Hello?
Zenbot - Is Gwen there?
Marty - Huh who?..Oh yes, let me get her... HEY GWEN PHONE CALL!

Pause

Marty - (Attempt at girl voice) Yes? This is Gwen.
Zenbot - Hey baby, I found your disc and would like to meet up.
Marty - (Attempt at girl voice) Well arnt you just the sweetest thing. I will come by right now!
Zenbot - Sweet!:D

**ring ring***

Zenbot - Is Gwen there?

Pause

Marty - (Attempt at girl voice) Well arnt you just the sweetest thing. I will come by right now!

LMAO:D:D

**ring ring***

Zenbot - Is Gwen there?

Pause

I think I am going to start putting my wife's name on the bottom of all my discs. THIS IS GENIUS

I think I am going to start putting my wife's name on the bottom of all my discs. THIS IS GENIUS

Excellent point, that must be the reason that I never get any call backs. I have only lost three discs but never a call back.

Latest posts