• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I guess I'll post my bag.. that's what we do!

NEKyota

So my current bag:

Putting Putters:
170g glow aviar(x2)

Throwing putters:
170g XT nova
170g Yeti Pro Aviar(x2)

Mids:
KC Pro roc(x3)168, 172, 176(US, S, straight to over stable)
Star Roc3 170g
Champ Roc3 170g

Fairways:
Champ leopard 170g
Champ TL 175g
Eagle(x2) star/champion both 172g

Distance:
Thunderbird(x3) 2 star, 1 champ 170-175g
Sexton firebird(beat) n/a
Wraith(x2) star.. one beat both 170g
Champ Krait 170g
Champ Tern 170g
GStar destroyer 165g

There is a beast somewhere in there.. 👍
Happy new year everyone!

For info.. started playing August of last year. Had WAAAAAY too much time in a hotel room for two months and religiously scrutinized my form in the mirror for hours. Then found a local course. Originally had a disc for every angle/shot/distance.. have two competition bags full but decided to reduce molds and cycle them out.. lots of field work to figure what I like the feel of the most and what gave me consistent results.. I like the assortment now and don't feel there is too much overlap at all.. FWIW.. hitting 375-425 consistently. Started off with not much accuracy but that's being reigned in! Ha! My biggest improvement came with moving around the disc instead really "reaching back."

How the heck does a new player limit themselves to one manufacturer?

I throw a lot of Innova but that is exclusive!

If a new player was going to stick to just one Innova is not a bad choice with all the molds they carry.

I don't see anything wrong with that.. it was the manufacturer I had the most access to.. for replacements and new molds. If one wants to throw a mixed bag awesome.. but it seems like an argument of," why not throw discraft? Mcbeth does!" Simon isn't an idiot for throwing discmania.. sponsored. Heimburg isn't an idiot to throw Innova. Sponsored. Truth is the discs work. Brand loyalty doesn't make or break a player.. they're just discs. Just because I'll NEVER own a truck that isn't a Tacoma doesn't mean a Ford or Chevy or Ram isn't the PERFECT rig for someone else.. and I'd still have a beer with them.. hell.. I'd even invite them to my house..😱

As a new player I bought all my discs from the Innova factory store.
After a few months, 2 of my 14 discs aren't Innova.

Looks like a solid bag.

At some point you'll probably find a disc that is from a brand you didn't start out with. If you're like me, it'll be because you're trying to fill some gap in your bag, and these crazy folks on DGCR will help guide you toward some non-Innova option. Watch out, you may find anything from a new-fangled "gyro" disc to a tried and true disc from another popular manufacturer. Either way, welcome to the community!

Manufacturing

So this thread has taken a turn. I throw plenty of Innova but when I was building and developing my first bag I was steered by things like dimensions and reviews. Eventually experience took over and my most recent purchases have been based on how discs have gone/felt for me. I'm managing to avoid overlap while bagging moulds from several manufacturers.

New player as well since September /20. I ran out and bought too many discs lol. Now I'm paring this mess down to 4, just to learn good basics for 2021.

PUTTERS

Gateway Wizard
Gateway Wizard SSSS
Gateway Shaman
Innova Pig
Discraft Challenger
Discraft Challenger SS
Discraft Fierce
Discmania Sensei
Dynamic Discs Deputy
Daredevil Discs Woodchuck (winter)

MIDS