• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I hate disc golf right now.

After 7 or 8 awful rounds I texted the exact title of this thread (with an f word thrown in) to a friend who also plays disc golf. Then that evening I went out for a night round with LED lights, only put a light on one disc (I normally carry 20 or so) and had my 2nd best round ever at my home course. It will turn around.

I did just this tonight. While I didn't play that well, it was nice to have a round where I just didn't care, and where I was just having fun.

The problem is, I sucked significantly more than usual. I'm generally good for two things during tournament set-up rounds, and those are no penalties and not getting discs hung up in bad places. Both of those went by the wayside today.

Something good did come out of the night round, though - I found out I can flex my glow champ Gazelle farther than I'd thought.

I'm with you. Yesterday at our league event I couldn't drive or putt to save my life. The putting is what really got to me because that's usually the strongest part of my game. Everything felt funky coming out of my hand and was fluttery. I even 3 putted on one hole from inside the circle. It didn't deter me though. Yesterday afternoon I was right back on backyard practicing my putts.

Bad driving + solo + thick undebrush on a developing course meant I spent more time looking for my discs than throwing them. I lost a disc and had to go back three holes because I left one on the ground.

I walked off the course after 7 holes, it was that bad.

Next time it will be better, it can't be any worse.... can it?

It can get worse. I played crush on the concho in San Angelo earlier this year and witnessed awful. Hole #11 on south concho is one of the hardest holes I have ever seen. It's only about 300 ft but on the left is the concho river that is 100 ft across and 50 ft deep. On the right is a road that is ob and in the middle is a 30 ft fairway that ends in a peninsula with a basket in the middle. An open player in front of us went plus 11 on that one hole. He would have made a sailor blush after his last one that went in the water. I was waiting for someone to give him a profanity warning or stroke but I guess everyone figured he was in enough pain. Made me feel good about my bad shots the rest of the round.

The problem is, I sucked significantly more than usual. I'm generally good for two things during tournament set-up rounds, and those are no penalties and not getting discs hung up in bad places. Both of those went by the wayside today.

Something good did come out of the night round, though - I found out I can flex my glow champ Gazelle farther than I'd thought.

We are not robots...yet. As humans, our performance will vary on a regular basis whether it is at home, workplace or fun place (disc golf course ;)). It's good to see your night round managed to give you a small silver lining with the Gazelle.

Don't forget Steady Ed who always said, "He who has the most fun wins!"

Its the ****ty days that make the best scores so sweet... I find whenever my drives are awful, my putting is near perfect because I'm so focused (and angry) with my driving. Being an ice hockey goalie, I've always been told to "only worry about the next shot", but I seem to have problems with that during rounds of disc golf :eek:

i feel everyone's pain. Mine hits in every aspect of my life atm: my last 3 band practices sucked, my disc game is in the sh*tter, i hit 3 posts in my hockey game last night, and everyone i talk to has misunderstood me all week. solar flares perhaps????

Two things that helped me a year or so ago, was to :

1. Take about a month or two off from playing all together, and just do something else.

I was living a breathing disc golf, and practicing 3 times a week, and playing every chance I got, and I got burned out, and started playing like crap. That month off , really helped me to refocus and recharge myself.

2. Just play for fun and don't take the game that serious.

I was really into trying to win tournaments and trying to be the best, and throw farther and farther, and it wore me out. Now, I play a tournament once in a while, but I really enjoy just playing with my friends. We have a good time together, and I am lucky if I even play 4 times a month, but hey, that is fine with me. It makes it more of a treat when you don't get to play all the time.

Just take a little break from it for a while, let your body heal, and recharge yourself.

i feel everyone's pain. Mine hits in every aspect of my life atm: my last 3 band practices sucked, my disc game is in the sh*tter, i hit 3 posts in my hockey game last night, and everyone i talk to has misunderstood me all week. solar flares perhaps????

I don't get what you're saying...

Don't forget you need a putter-putter and a driver-putter.

i feel the same way but some people think that idea is crazy.

to the OP - take a week or two off. get a copy of this book, watch the open championships this week/weekend, and be thankful that you will never face anything that challenging in disc golf.

i feel the same way but some people think that idea is crazy.
lol I was joking. I drive with my putter at times but I've never heard anything about a "driver-putter" until I saw it on this site. :p

i just don't want to warp my putter on a tree and watch it fly like a wounded duck for the rest of the round. that is all :p

Latest posts