• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I have decided to come out of retirement

Bradley Walker

* Ace Member *
I admit I kind of got tired of taking a lot of abuse on here and on Youtube, so I decided that I was not going to continue espousing any more theories until I was sure I was on the right track. So, I kind of slipped away to work on myself.... I was never completely convinced of ANY positive direction until this year, when I returned to the basic theories discussed by myself and Blake.

I can say after two years of personal development... working on myself mostly, and testing my theories on students, that I was 100 percent correct in my assessment of the "disc pivot" as being the CENTRAL source of the big power crush as seen in the best professional players and distance champions. I can also say that the switch from trying to develop arm speed to the huge pivot, has improved all of my ergonomics to the point I would say I have developed somewhat smooth and pretty form. I not longer jam, I do not get off balance much, and my once steps are crushed laser beams.

In fact, once I completely embraced the pivot (having to actually slow down my arm to ridiculous levels) I realized that I have single handed discovered the main flaw of lesser players, and why backhand players struggle with nose up and forehand players do not. It also explains why great disc golfers (like ball golfers) appear to almost be in slow motion and the disc is killed. It is all coupling of forces through levers coupled to levers.

There are some wonderful new video of Higgins that show EXACTLY THE DISC PIVOT!!!! That kid has a two foot backhand pivot of the disc around his hand...., you can clearly see it in slow motion.

No time today. just wanted to say hey... I will return. B

I'm very glad to hear it. Welcome back. I inquired about where you might have gone just recently, so I'm happy you're back.

Delighted to hear it Bradley. Just discovered your closed shoulder snap drill and I think finally this with the super sekret techniques is going to push me through the next plateau. I'm feeling the weight of the disc in a way I never have before. Ignore the idiots and post more video drills please!

Good stuff Brad, this is still the best DG discussion board in existence, nice to have you back in action.

I agree entirely with your assessment, and I would also add that the pivot is not simply a great source of power, but it is also the primary source of accuracy for skilled throwers. I've developed my throw to the point where I can feel the disc pivoting in the plane that I wish the disc to fly, in terms of its orientation angles (2 degrees of freedom: nose up/down and hyzer/anhyzer), it makes a huge difference. The disc comes out clean, no flutter. I can get the nose up or down. And the disc is banked just right for the turns...so long as I aimed it properly.

Welcome back Brad i look forward to hearing what you have been working on how in minutiae. I know some of what but not at all how.

JHern said:
Good stuff Brad, this is still the best DG discussion board in existence, nice to have you back in action.

I agree entirely with your assessment, and I would also add that the pivot is not simply a great source of power, but it is also the primary source of accuracy for skilled throwers. I've developed my throw to the point where I can feel the disc pivoting in the plane that I wish the disc to fly, in terms of its orientation angles (2 degrees of freedom: nose up/down and hyzer/anhyzer), it makes a huge difference. The disc comes out clean, no flutter. I can get the nose up or down. And the disc is banked just right for the turns...so long as I aimed it properly.

Well said. Indeed. The pivot is the plane really. Once you understand that you can really move the disc or throw very specific lines.

Brad, you should put out a new pivot video. And a link to this Higgins video would be great.

It's always nice when there's some hardcore throwing theory posts in these forums, haven't seen much of it lately.

Good to hear Brad!
Also, screw all the naysayers, everything you have said has improved my drives dramatically. According to google maps I even threw a ~500-footer yesterday -- If I wasn't implementing yours/Blake's techniques that would have NEVER happened

Can't wait to hear what you've come up with. I have been working hard on the pivot and getting good results but I need more!! lol

I guess that may have been premature… :p Bummer. I was looking forward to what Bradley had learned.

Bumpity Bump.

Hopes Raised.

Hopes dashed :(

Impart thy knowledge oh wise one!

Would be great to see some in depth theory stuff again or new drills, it's all gone a bit stale recently.

rhatton2 said:
Bumpity Bump.

Hopes Raised.

Hopes dashed :(

Impart thy knowledge oh wise one!

Would be great to see some in depth theory stuff again or new drills, it's all gone a bit stale recently.

Agreed, please stop teasing us Bradley Walker!!! lol