• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I suppose I had it coming...

i hit my little 4 year old brother in the back with a putter cause he doesn't like to wait for me to throw :\ needless to say, he stays back now. good thing it was an r-pro aviar, and not a dx dart or something

A few weeks ago one of my friends hooked a drive way too high and way too left. After he rounded a set of bushes looking for the disc, he saw a girl crying and laying on the ground with her friends circling her. Apparently she got a disc to the forehead :doh:

A few weeks ago one of my friends hooked a drive way too high and way too left. After he rounded a set of bushes looking for the disc, he saw a girl crying and laying on the ground with her friends circling her. Apparently she got a disc to the forehead :doh:

yipes, hope she was ok! Was it from his disc?

I have a bad habit of running after my disc after throwing it so I don't lose it.. which tends to get me almost hit at least once or twice a game. I hit a Canadian goose on my last outing with a Xcaliber. I felt bad at first, but those little bastards shat all about the rest of the course (and all over the tees) so then I didn't.

I have a bad habit of running after my disc after throwing it so I don't lose it.. which tends to get me almost hit at least once or twice a game. I hit a Canadian goose on my last outing with a Xcaliber. I felt bad at first, but those little bastards shat all about the rest of the course (and all over the tees) so then I didn't.

No offence, but if you have only been playing for a few months, you really shouldn't be throwing an Xcaliber. Now, if you can throw close to 400ft, then never mind. If not, put that thing on the shelf for a while and throw a slower disc.

No offence, but if you have only been playing for a few months, you really shouldn't be throwing an Xcaliber. Now, if you can throw close to 400ft, then never mind. If not, put that thing on the shelf for a while and throw a slower disc.

Forget what he is throwing. Dude should never be running after his disc if there are still people teeing off. You wouldn't be playing too long with my group if you acted like that.

No. I lost all my noob discs and I'm not buying more. Other guy, I called it a bad habit. Don't dwell on it.

At the risk of getting clobbered with the "WTF are you throwing an Xcal for, noob" stick, I was in the field with my best friend the other day throwing some discs around for practice. He threw my ace champion XCal into the field, severe anny, about 100, 150 feet, skipped it, and clobbered his three year old son right in the forehead. Made a "thock" sound you could hear at the house. Kid was ok, but wow.

At the risk of getting clobbered with the "WTF are you throwing an Xcal for, noob" stick, I was in the field with my best friend the other day throwing some discs around for practice. He threw my ace champion XCal into the field, severe anny, about 100, 150 feet, skipped it, and clobbered his three year old son right in the forehead. Made a "thock" sound you could hear at the house. Kid was ok, but wow.
Field throwing is alot different than throwing on the course imo. I field throw my boss to help myself learn to throw nose down, but I'm very aware I can't control it to throw on the course.

I learned that lesson by getting hit in the upper arm with a drive. Fortunately the guy was a noob and didn't have much power.