• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I haven't seen the name stamped like this before. Any info about it? Worth anything?

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

So I've got a Huk Lab Star Destroyer that I got a while ago. It's always been crazy overstable, and that was generally just my experience with Destroyers (my other one is a champ glo CFR). Recently, I've had people tell me they can't believe it's that overstable, especially now that it's fairly beat up. This last weekend, I had a guy at a tournament ask me if it was a nightshift. I said no, I thought all the nightshifts were blue. I threw it again and he asked if he could look at it. He said it was a nightshift, they were rare blah blah, Huk Lab sold a bunch yadda yadda. Got me thinking if it was a nightshift and I got to looking online to see if there's any way to tell. I couldn't find anything. So that brings me here...with the question...is there any way to tell if it's a nightshift destroyer or not? Thanks.

nightshifts are all blue with SDS on the bottom.

now nightshifts are blue versions of starlite plastic at max weight.

starlite added to make discs in lower weights but still fill the mold. u can see little sparkles on the top/rim.

so if you have a blue starlite with innova stamp then you have a nightshift. bottom says S/DS probably 175 weight too.

if you have a different color S/DS destroyer most likely between 165 and 168 with the sparkles you have a starlite.

one is 150 dollars the other 15 or now more like 20 dollars.....until innova makes destroyers correctily again.

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

I haven't seen the name stamped like this before. Any info about it? Worth anything?

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg
Innova back in the 90's didn't mark the discs with an abbreviation like they do now. A lot of times when you made an order of custom stamped discs they would come with that stamp on the bottom to help people know what the disc was. It was pretty common, nothing special.

okay, heres a old one. it feels like a aero. never seen one like this though. sorry for multiple pics..

patpenddisc.jpg

patpend3.jpg

patpend2.jpg

aero and phenix were marked with big raised letters like that...i would say its a aero though

here is a phenix profile on the right....i dont think i have a aero one yet ...i need to do it...

548d7f22.jpg

Any one know.the history of magnets ...i have one that has a tourney stamp from 1993 so i.figured it has to be one of the first ones made??? It has no tooling

3A65436E-orig.jpg

BA732F1D-orig.jpg

Ok, so I was wondering if someone could share some info with me. I know it is a Discraft Z XS, but the stamp is different than I have ever seen. The plastic in the flightplate feels pretty sticky and will take fingerprints, but the rim doesn't. There is no tooling on the inside rim.

Does the plastic feel that way just due to age or was that an older run of Z that just felt different? Anything special about the disc other than a unique stamp?

The second picture is what is left of the stamp and simply says:

Discraft Elite-Z-XS PDGA Approved
Licensed under US Patent No. (then the number is pretty unreadable)

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

whats the story on the "20 years of roc"? i cant put my finger on the plastic. it feels like KC pro mixed with star or something. are these good throwers?

so i got this older X-out, its definetly the taffy C.E. plastic and is a 150g disc and marked J on the bottom. I tryed to compared it to my QJLS and they look very similar but a lil different, also my CE QJLS is marked QJ not just J. Any help?

so i got this older X-out, its definetly the taffy C.E. plastic and is a 150g disc and marked J on the bottom. I tryed to compared it to my QJLS and they look very similar but a lil different, also my CE QJLS is marked QJ not just J. Any help?

J for Jaguar? They were large diameter, understable. I have no idea if they ran in premium plastics...I've only seen dx. This is the best pic I could find of one...no side profiles. http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=59

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts