• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Indoor putting obstacles

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
If you were building an indoor putting course, what obstacles would you include? What are some unique things you've seen/heard of?

Here's what I've done in the past:

2 years ago

Last year

And, if you had a pile of pallet lumber (1"x4"x6') and could build an obstacle (some sort of mando to shoot through? or a tree of sorts? I dunno? What would you build?

I liked yours last year!

Maybe some high hoop mandos or from the top of a ladder?

I really don't have any ideas, but there is this tree in Oceanside, Oregon called the "Octopus Tree" and every time I go there I want to set up a basket and make up all sorts of cool shots. Problem is, it's protected by a fence.
octopus-tree-5%25255B6%25255D.jpg

Windmills, clowns mouth, oh wait that's mini golf.

How about fake bushes and trees?

I'd want to slide, roll, or bounce the disc into the basket.

We did play with some corrugated plastic ramps last year, it actually worked pretty well. And I've imagined ways to incorporate trampolines...

pitching nets/screens work really well...

we have our league in an indoor sports facility and they let us use the softball pitching screens

the ceiling is Is a fantastic spot

I hung mine off of an anchor in the ceiling (please make sure it's anchored to a stud first) now I have a fan, hanging lights and a uphill shot to contend with.

We usually play horse with 2 discs a piece and there is plenty of other obstacles to throw through or over even to get to the hung basket.

I used a stretchy paracord to hang it so we can swing and spin the basket for extra fun shots!

Attachments

• tmp_15796-20151101_002336-1-114472439.jpg
    tmp_15796-20151101_002336-1-114472439.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Didn't realize you were using full size discs until i watched your videos...DOH! I figured since you said indoor, you meant mini disc golf.