• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Infinite Discs AZTEC

SD86

Banned
The Infinite Discs site has listed the new Aztec, flight numbers 10,5,-1,2, in their Infinite Discs line of discs. Anyone on Team ID know anything about this disc?

It would not hurt my feelings if this disc was SL-'ish'... :popcorn:

I've not heard anything about it yet, but I haven't been getting my team testers on the last few so maybe they forgot about me.

It's not slot that I throw but if it's anything like the other ID releases this year it will be worth looking at and available in some really cool plastics. Just put another Splatter Emperor on order, they have been looking/flying nice!

It would not hurt my feelings if this disc was SL-'ish'... :popcorn:

"ish" :)

G-Blend: A long flippy driver with a little fade at the very end. Seems to me like a longer Sphinx. I can get this about as far as my pharaoh on a good turn over.

I-Blend: Middle stability, straight with a little flip and a little fade. Has potential to beat in the fastest and become pretty flippy. Thinking long Exodus.

Metal Flake Glow C-Blend: The most overstable, as with most of our molds. This is a nice straight bomber with reliable fade. Thinking a bit shorter and more controlled Pharaoh.

Honestly the Aztec might need three different sets of flight numbers for the plastics. I'm really liking this though, I like the long flippiness of the I/G Blends.

"ish" :)

G-Blend: A long flippy driver with a little fade at the very end. Seems to me like a longer Sphinx. I can get this about as far as my pharaoh on a good turn over.

I-Blend: Middle stability, straight with a little flip and a little fade. Has potential to beat in the fastest and become pretty flippy. Thinking long Exodus.

Metal Flake Glow C-Blend: The most overstable, as with most of our molds. This is a nice straight bomber with reliable fade. Thinking a bit shorter and more controlled Pharaoh.

Honestly the Aztec might need three different sets of flight numbers for the plastics. I'm really liking this though, I like the long flippiness of the I/G Blends.

When will it be released?

I picked up 4 of them on black Friday. 2 g blend and 2 metal flake c blend. I've only had a chance to throw 1 of the g's so far. My main drivers are northmen. It's similar from my limited throws but a bit more stable. Im encouraged from my few throws so far.

Bump. Anything new on this mold?

I ordered a c-line metal flake and an i-blend over Black Friday but between illness and snow I was not able to test throw until today. I tested them next to my Thunderbirds, TL3s and Eagles. Overall, I was quite impressed. I'm going to test them more in the winter - especially on wooded courses. I felt comfortable hitting gaps with it that I would not even attempt with a faster driver. It might replace my Thunderbirds on wooded courses where an extra 30 feet while retaining Thunderbird control would come in handy. Full review below. Let me know if you have questions!

The I-Blend was certainly flippy but controllably so. It was certainly a bit faster than the Thunderbirds but it doesn't punch as fast as a Wraith. I haven't thrown an Orc in a long time but probably pretty close to the Orc speed. I throw Thunderbirds 350' consistently and the I-Blend Aztec landed 370-380' consistently. I'd say the I-Blend is a faster Valkyrie with more glide if that makes sense. Similar turn and fade to old Star Valkyries from my memory. It is less stable than my Pro Thunderbirds but more stable than my Star Sidewinder which were my test discs. A note - this a domey disc. I didn't find it uncomfortable to grip but some might find it difficult.

The C-Line Metal Flake was nice and straight with a dependable fade. It would turn a little when hit close to full power but didn't really show turn when thrown 70-80% which is really what I throw a disc like this most of the time. The full-power turn reminded me of a new TL3 that "turns" but really just rolls over a bit while holding straight. I don't have to account for the turn when aiming - I'm able to just aim straight at the target. Again, it's a bit faster than the Thunderbird but not Wraith speed. I'd say the C-Line Aztec is a worn in Thunderbird with more fade and speed. Similar glide, high speed stability is similar to my beat-in c-line Thunderbird but the Aztec has a stronger fade (more reminiscent of a new c-line Thunderbird in fade). This is more stable than my Pro Thunderbirds but not as stable as the new C-Line Thunderbird. This disc is not as domey as the I-Blend for those of you who have a hard time gripping domey discs.

Last edited:
I used my G blend Aztec for the first time this past weekend. It was more flippy than I had expected it to be. Not a bad thing though. Once i understood how to throw it, I must say I like it a lot. I think it will need some more testing before i decide if it will stay in my bag though.

Just got my I-blend Aztec in the mail. Plastic feels good, but this disc is DOMEY.

I'll get out to the range or the course after Christmas and give it a workout, and see how it flies.

Just got my I-blend Aztec in the mail. Plastic feels good, but this disc is DOMEY.

I'll get out to the range or the course after Christmas and give it a workout, and see how it flies.

Got in a couple of rounds with the Aztec. At first I wasn't loving it, but it really grew on me as I got used to it. It has a little bit of turn, then fades back a little. The given flight numbers are 10,5,-1,2, but mine seems to be more 10, 5, -1.5, 1.5.

I really like my Sphinx, but the Aztec could give it a run for its money, especially if I disc down for the winter and drop the distance drivers from my bag...

Another winner for Infinite Discs. :thmbup:

Threw my G-blend for the first time yesterday. It only came up in my head on two throws. Both down wind. Both throws were as good or better than what I normally throw there.

The wing is not what I expected from a 10 speed driver. I guess I was picturing an old mold Beast type wing. This is more like an extended Eagle or FD. Even with it's bluntness, it's a pretty long flying disc. If other plastics can compare to e Thundy, I may have to experiment with those. Very pleased so far.

necrobump

I just received a Splatter S-Blend Aztec

thicker nose than a Beast (although I'm just comparing to my kids Blizzard Beast)

gradual even dome across, domey but not pop top domey (like a 2021 tour tour series Halo Wraith)

Friday test day

got out yesterday

interesting disc
smooth flight BH and FH

I could see this being a good "beginning" or "early" driver for new players.

not something that would make my bag

Latest posts