• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova anhyzer top

Tinkles

Birdie Member
Are there any cases of a non-discmania molding using this top?

Haven't heard of a CD2, PD, PD2, DD clone, or of a disc using this top with another bottom for Innova or Infinite or any other Innova molded brand.

I'm wondering if there is a exclusivity agreement with that particular mold part between Innova and Discmania and if we won't see any full or partial clones anytime soon.

Anyone know?

There was a run of star Firebirds from a few years ago that I'm pretty sure had the anhyzer top. But I think that was just another oopsie in the factory that made its way out the door somehow.

I'm not aware of any molds in current production with that top, but Innova has several recently approved molds that are not in full production yet.

There was a run of star Firebirds from a few years ago that I'm pretty sure had the anhyzer top. But I think that was just another oopsie in the factory that made its way out the door somehow.

I believe that would have made it an S-PD. You shoulda bought a bunch of them, probably wouldn't have had to fight Pman or Grip.

As a new-ish disc golfer…can someone explain what the anhyzer top is?
If you know someone that has something like a Discmania PD, go hold it and feel the weird top plate and the slight dip it has on top of the rim. That's the Anhyzer top… it's a love/hate thing for people. Personally, I am firmly in the hate section.

As a new-ish disc golfer…can someone explain what the anhyzer top is?

It's a unique top mold piece used for a handful of the Discmania originals produced by Innova.

The PD is the Firebird bottom wing piece with the anhyzer top piece. Off the top of my head I want to think the CD, PD, DD, and PD2 use it…maybe a few others I'm forgetting. I think the CD2 does also and maybe the TD2 and DDX.

It has a distinct dip or bump on the top plate instead of a smooth gradual dome. Super easy to notice if you hold a PD and thunderbird next to eachother. A lot of people like it, but those that don't really express their distaste for it.

Innova owns the molds to the DM originals, but the anhyzer top was pretty much created for DM and only their molds used it. So it'll be interesting to see if the anhyzer topped DM models will continue to get produced.

I think the CD2 does also and maybe the TD2 and DDX.

The CD2 is a staple in my bag, and while I don't remember ever holding the others mentioned, I'm pretty sure the CD2 does not have an anhyzer top. Feels conventional to me in the various plastics I own.

CD2 is def anhyzer top with I believe a sidewinder wing - and a wonderful disc.

A few others I think are correct:
DDx - tern wing
DD - wraith wing
PD - firebird wing
TD - roadrunner?
TD2 - mamba?
PD2 - destroyer?

The top is conventional to me. It can mold up with a pronounced pop between shoulder and flight plate but I see the same in pop top wraiths and other discs too. Flatter runs have no transition. It's really molding variation to me.

IMO some of the best discs use this top which is why I was hoping to see innova run some PDs/PD2s/DDs/CD2s/DDx

Last edited:
I just got a star thunderbird that I swear has this top. Much more noticeable than the two champ thunderbirds I have. Any one else notice this?

I just got a star thunderbird that I swear has this top. Much more noticeable than the two champ thunderbirds I have. Any one else notice this?

Rebadged PD? I bought a Katana online from the proshop and I would bet anything it is a DD2.

(Katana bottom/anhyzer top)

PD is FB bottom, anhyzer top.

Possibly. I don't have a star PD to compare to. Only 1 dx PD left and obviously not the same. It's doesn't go far like a PD yet. It's an absolute meat hook, which I think is standard for TB these days.

Does anyone know what the top piece is for the thunderbird? I've heard PD is anhyzer top and OLF has the wraith top. What about the thunderbird? I believe it uses the same firebird wing that the PD and OLF use.

Does anyone know what the top piece is for the thunderbird? I've heard PD is anhyzer top and OLF has the wraith top. What about the thunderbird? I believe it uses the same firebird wing that the PD and OLF use.

I think it's a unique top but not 100% on that.

You're correct about the PD and OLF. Like moonshine I'm almost certain this is a unique top.

I think its very similar to a Teebird/JLS top, maybe a modified version. The blunt leading edge and dome characteristics are similar. Invictus & Savant tops look the same.

Latest posts