• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Beast L stamps

disc_noobee

Hey guys,

Been browsing some sites looking for some Beast L's to try out. Does anyone know if the "L" version is actually stamped 10 5 -3 2? I've seen a few with this stamp, and want to make sure if this is the version to grab.

Thanks again

I don't know.

But Disc Golf Center separates the Beast-X from the Beast-L. Here is the link to the L version.

This way you can be sure that whatever you order is the L version. DGC calls the Beast-X the "Beast (Retooled)."

Plus, DGC advertises here on DGCR so clicking on their banner ad helps out DGCR :)

EDIT: if you see one with those 10/5/-3/2 flight ratings then it should definitely be the L version.

Last edited:
I like me a good Star Beast. The three that I've had were all stamped -2 & 2, and I have become convinced that they're the retooled or "new mold" Beast. Could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Stars tend not to be X.

Are you looking at DX? Star? Champion? That stamp would make a lot of sense on DX, which does behave more like a -3.

I've seen them in both Pro and DX, which is what I'm looking for. Not interested in Champion, since that would make them a little more stable/over, which is not what I'm after.

I like me a good Star Beast. The three that I've had were all stamped -2 & 2, and I have become convinced that they're the retooled or "new mold" Beast. Could be totally wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Stars tend not to be X.

Are you looking at DX? Star? Champion? That stamp would make a lot of sense on DX, which does behave more like a -3.

I am pretty sure all star beasts are Ls

Real Best-L's will be stamped with -3 turn

Attachments

• IMG_1509832383770.jpg
    IMG_1509832383770.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 45
I don't know.

But Disc Golf Center separates the Beast-X from the Beast-L. Here is the link to the L version.

This way you can be sure that whatever you order is the L version. DGC calls the Beast-X the "Beast (Retooled)."

Plus, DGC advertises here on DGCR so clicking on their banner ad helps out DGCR :)

EDIT: if you see one with those 10/5/-3/2 flight ratings then it should definitely be the L version.

Be VERY careful about buying Beasts on the internet. I bought a champ Beast-X from Marshall St and DGC and both turned out to be L's.

Apparently the issue is Innova East (or Carolina Flyers?) got NONE of the newly molded Beast-X's and instead was relegated to being the Beast-L liquidation center. So Innova East was shipping out L's as X's and then the retailer was shipping them out as X's.

(Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is according to a couple retailers I spoke with)

Lol...Innova East was called "Carolina Flying Discs" back in the day. Some old dudes like me will sometimes still call them that. As to the rumor of them shipping Beast L's as Beast X's, there would be no way anyone would really know that who would post it on an Internet message board.

As to your discs, are you saying they are stamped with a Beast X stamp but they are L's?

In regards to Star Beasts, I own the only x mold star beast that I know to exist, and it is from the special blend Orc era with Dave Dunipace's initials on it. I'm not sure on the flight numbers unfortunately because I have just never cared for that mold, Pre Barry Beasts are all I need!

Lol...Innova East was called "Carolina Flying Discs" back in the day. Some old dudes like me will sometimes still call them that. As to the rumor of them shipping Beast L's as Beast X's, there would be no way anyone would really know that who would post it on an Internet message board.

As to your discs, are you saying they are stamped with a Beast X stamp but they are L's?

When i worked there two summers ago we had boxes of beast Ls with beast X stamps. They felt really good tho

So what you all are saying is that the Beast-L's are back? In the other Thread about Beasts everybody seems to have been of the consensus that the Beast-L's were a thing of the past.

It's confusing.
First there was the beast, which got replaced with the 2x or beast L, making the original become known as the old mold.
Then when they had to get a new mold, the original specs were used. So to some people, the L became known as the old mold.
At one point, the pro beasts were all L mold, and there are still a lot around. I haven't personally seen any pro X, but I know the new champs are X.
If ordering online, it's a guessing game unless they post a rim pic or you ask the supplier directly.

If you order from dgu i know they can tell you if they are x or l molds

Okay, so what I'm getting is Innova is producing the L-mold again alongside the X-mold. Beast-L's are marked 10/5/-3/2 and Beast-X's are marked 10/5/-2/2.

I prefer calling the L-mold the "interim mold" and the X-mold the original since they stopped molding the L and went back to the X but it looks like now they're molding both.

Last edited:
Actually what people are saying is the the L mold wore out and no longer exists. They cut a new mold, but it came out like the original Beast X mold. So if that is the case the L mold could not be in production.

Golf discs are funny.

The Beast is a pretty good selling disc so Innova would have run it often and they would have had a nice stockpile of blank (unstamped) Beasts in the warehouse in both the West Coast (California) and East Coast (South Carolina) locations. So the rumor going around here is that all those Beast L's that were in the West Coast Warehouse were shipped to the East Coast Warehouse. If you live in a place that is served by the West Coast distribution, you have been getting Beast X's for the last couple of years. If you live in a place that is served by the East Coast distribution, you have been getting the leftover Beast L's that had to get out of the inventory.

That's the rumor, anyway. Eventually all the Beast L's will wander out of the warehouse and all that will be available are Beast X's. If it hasn't happened already. Probably it has, but vendors still have L's in their stock. I was selling golf discs when the Roc went from Ontario to Rancho. I got random Ontarios in my orders for about 9 months after the switch and I didn't cycle out all the Ontarios from my inventory until almost two years after I first got Ranchos.

Last edited:
Yeah, my Academy still has both, and there is no telling what stamp you will see. You just have to feel the rim to know what you're buying.

All the Beasts I've found in lakes lately are L molds. Champion, pro, star, DX, it doesn't matter. All L. Super popular discs. I find tons of them.